Ballpark top speed for 3rd gear shift on 600ss? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ballpark top speed for 3rd gear shift on 600ss?

DJM

Site Supporter
Curious what speed you will be going on a newish 600SS when you hit the rev limiter in 3rd? I think it's an R6 the neighbor's kid just purchased. Reason I ask is for the past 2 weekends someone is using the road behind me as a drag strip late at night. It's a 50 zone and a Nursing home is on it, so I expect it to be eventually an issue for the local constabulary.

A whole thread about a question could be answered on Google lol

Yeah but then these forums would be empty and you wouldn't have something to complain about...

e7e8ehab.jpg

Depends on sprockets and bike but within this chart

So 125.51mph = 201.9km/h in 3rd...but like many have said, 600cc SS bikes are almost too slow for the street, hence the need for 1Ks...lol

So 125.51mph = 201.9km/h in 3rd...but like many have said, 600cc SS bikes are almost too slow for the street, hence the need for 1Ks...lol

Its not how fast it goes, its how fast it gets up to speed ;)

Also i doubt anyone is redlining every gear on the street, instead they cruise around at low rpm, and thats where a 1000cc is more easy to ride thanks to plenty of torque

lol I know, I'm just making comments as I've heard countless times how so 'slow' 600s are from people who only ride street.

lol I know, I'm just making comments as I've heard countless times how so 'slow' 600s are from people who only ride street.

James, 600's are snails man. They need to make a 2000cc bike to even be fun on the streets :lmao:

Says dude who doesn't own either a 600 or a 1000 SS...

Once you've ridden and owned a 1K supersport, 600s are brutally slow in comparison. You wouldn't understand.

Also i doubt anyone is redlining every gear on the street, instead they cruise around at low rpm, and thats where a 1000cc is more easy to ride thanks to plenty of torque

Dude, really? Friday nights near the 403 is nothing but redline shifting on R6s. Mad skillz, yo.

My theory is that it takes longer to shift up wearing flip flops.

Dude, really? Friday nights near the 403 is nothing but redline shifting on R6s. Mad skillz, yo.

My theory is that it takes longer to shift up wearing flip flops.

I guess if a couple people do it then that means EVERYONE does it eh?

BTW quickshifter and reverse shift pattern and you can shift like a pro barefoot :lmao:

Once you've ridden and owned a 1K supersport, 600s are brutally slow in comparison. You wouldn't understand.

I rode a 1000cc v twin for 4 years, sold it and bought a 600cc i4. The 600 is definitely not brutal slow.
1000-250 would be brutal :p

Denial is a terrible thing.

Or maybe your vtwin was slow.

Yeah okay Giacomo Agostini, I bet you can outrun 600's on your bicycle too.

A whole thread about a question could be answered on Google lol

..and here is the reason he posted this thread, to start this conversation. Over and over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom