Ballpark top speed for 3rd gear shift on 600ss? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ballpark top speed for 3rd gear shift on 600ss?

Most people don't ride their bikes on the limit on the street, I know I don't. It's very rare for me to even come close to redline but the 1000 allows me to accelerate fast in top gear when friends on 600 have drop 2 gears to accelerate at the same rate; I am lazy, I know :)

You are a gentleman. I won't even talk to 600 riders never mind ride with them.

I love reading these threads "a 600 is all you will ever need, and most people can't ride 1000's to their potential anyway". If that is the case, then why do people buy Corvette's, Vipers, or other super cars when most people can't drive a V6 mustang to its potential? Its because they are simply better!! I have had almost every "main stream" 600 you can have (CBR's, R6's, ZX6's, GSXR) and then had 2 750's and for last 8 years have had liter bikes (had 4 different R1's. GSXR 1000, and now have a BMW S1000rr). All my friends with 600's would say "my 600 is all you need for the street and your 1000 is over kill and you can't REALLY use it"..........and then they would ask to borrow my bike and I take theirs. EVERY SINGLE TIME we go out they would want to switch bikes, and they would have a smile on their face while riding as if it was Christmas at home with my kids, and they would not want to get off it.

I go to the track quite often and I assure you I can ride this bike to a good percentage of its ability. I read a comparison in a cycle magazine from a bunch of professional riders that hits the nail right on the head. They took many 1000's and 600's out for the day on the street and on some back twisties and they reported back that "the biggest difference between the 2 was that the guys on the 1000's would just cruise comfortably on those bikes thru the twisties and over crests like they were out for a sunday cruise with endless power available, and the guys on the 600's looked to always be tucked in and riding their butts off like AMA racers just trying to keep up with higher rpm's".

Moral of the story, buy what makes YOU happy. As long as you are mature and responsible enough to only do what your capable of doing, then why NOT go for more power?? The bike is only as fast as your right hand makes it. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard a moron say "guys who buy 1000's are compensating for something"..........then see them trade up their 600's a year later after they get some seat time............I'd have my next HP4. :)

cool tool, what app?
e7e8ehab.jpg

Depends on sprockets and bike but within this chart

I agree completely.
But...........The guy doing track days on his 600 really feels like he's having fun.
Same as the guy with the CBR125.

I love reading these threads "a 600 is all you will ever need, and most people can't ride 1000's to their potential anyway". If that is the case, then why do people buy Corvette's, Vipers, or other super cars when most people can't drive a V6 mustang to its potential? Its because they are simply better!! I have had almost every "main stream" 600 you can have (CBR's, R6's, ZX6's, GSXR) and then had 2 750's and for last 8 years have had liter bikes (had 4 different R1's. GSXR 1000, and now have a BMW S1000rr). All my friends with 600's would say "my 600 is all you need for the street and your 1000 is over kill and you can't REALLY use it"..........and then they would ask to borrow my bike and I take theirs. EVERY SINGLE TIME we go out they would want to switch bikes, and they would have a smile on their face while riding as if it was Christmas at home with my kids, and they would not want to get off it.

I go to the track quite often and I assure you I can ride this bike to a good percentage of its ability. I read a comparison in a cycle magazine from a bunch of professional riders that hits the nail right on the head. They took many 1000's and 600's out for the day on the street and on some back twisties and they reported back that "the biggest difference between the 2 was that the guys on the 1000's would just cruise comfortably on those bikes thru the twisties and over crests like they were out for a sunday cruise with endless power available, and the guys on the 600's looked to always be tucked in and riding their butts off like AMA racers just trying to keep up with higher rpm's".

Moral of the story, buy what makes YOU happy. As long as you are mature and responsible enough to only do what your capable of doing, then why NOT go for more power?? The bike is only as fast as your right hand makes it. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard a moron say "guys who buy 1000's are compensating for something"..........then see them trade up their 600's a year later after they get some seat time............I'd have my next HP4. :)

I went to the drag strip for the first time last night and had a blast. I finally got to push my 600 to its (acceleration) limit. Currently it is all I feel comfortable with but can definetely see the desire for something quicker eventualty. It is all about what makes you happy and also the type of riding you do.

Party pooper, don't be jealous that your bike only does 7000 rpm. The guy on the r6 could be in third and only going up to ten grand and it will sound loud as hell.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom