08 ZX6 Help with VIDEO CCT??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

08 ZX6 Help with VIDEO CCT???

Polaski

randomly driving when a loud buzzing noise came about, only happens at 7K RPM, i thought maybe the cam chain is loose so i took out the cam tensioner as the manual specified and reinstalled with no luck, I'm going to try it again since the manual specified to put back in with 6 clicks and that didn't change a thing. I'm going to try 7 clicks and see if it fades away at all, any ideas ? and its not the clutch either, :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb3r...ature=youtu.be

That's not chain noise. That's something, somewhere, on the bike vibrating in sync with the engine. When the resonant frequency of whatever is vibrating matches the engine, it will buzz. I've seen this happen with fairing panels, clutch levers, windshields, heat shields, etc.

DO NOT install cam chain tensioners with a certain number of "clicks out". Install them fully retracted and let the spring do its job. Too much tension on a chain tensioner WILL result in very serious engine damage! Very easy for too much tension to lead to a broken timing chain!

I to have a buzz at a certain rpm. I had the bike apart, now I have this buzz I cant locate. drives me crazy.

Back
Top Bottom