Racer5 VIP Track Day | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racer5 VIP Track Day

screen cap from my buddies bike of me mowing the grass, all was good till i hit the grass and then i started to roll. managed to hit my head three times and gouge my helmet. so now i get to helmet shop.

Hopefully you're alright dude, but that's no litre bike track. Was there a few years ago on the old RDT on the 600, even that was too much, never felt so tired and cramped while riding. Was thinking of joinig you guys at RDT today, but saw videos of new layout and lost interest gong there on a litre bike and riding in 2nd the wole time. Went to TMP instead and had a good time, not that TMP is an ideal track for a 1000 either :)

Silver lining!
thats only if i can convince my wife to buy it for me. otherwise im a bit upset. its my carbon fiber shark helmet, i spent a year looking for cheek pads, found two sets, bought them both, and now i have a spare set and no helmet to put them in. oh well life goes on, the helmet did its job

Hopefully you're alright dude, but that's no litre bike track. Was there a few years ago on the old RDT on the 600, even that was too much, never felt so tired and cramped while riding. Was thinking of joinig you guys at RDT today, but saw videos of new layout and lost interest gong there on a litre bike and riding in 2nd the wole time. Went to TMP instead and had a good time, not that TMP is an ideal track for a 1000 either :)

thats what a lot of guys said to me too who ride superbikes. i went in with that same expectation, the new layout is great, its nice and tight and really teaches you a lot about riding your bike in technical stuff. i had a great time there, i just stuck her in second and rolled around in the power band the entire time. id grab third up the back straight only. if you want a track you can stretch a bike out on its not the one, if you want to get better at transitions, trail braking and powering out of corners early then this is the place to go. the best part is its smooth and you arent likely to hit a crater sized pot hole in a corner. i made out fine, the helmet and leathers did their job. bike isnt that good. needs a new fairing stay, peg, brake lever, body took a bit of a beat. frame slider is bent, swing arm spool is just a nub. and i managed to damage the exhaust a little. its not terrible but its enough to make me open my wallet deeper than i want to. and i havent even pulled the body off the bike yet, i noticed the tail isnt attached on one side so im not sure if i broke a bolt, or it got ripped out or broke the subframe or what.

if you want a nice superbike track, bogie, thats a great track, high speed corners, high speed straights, lots of gear changes. and smooth as glass :)

oh and i broke my lever guard,saved the brembo master and its leaver but broke the end off the guard. much cheaper than damaging the master

if you want a nice superbike track, bogie, thats a great track, high speed corners, high speed straights, lots of gear changes. and smooth as glass :)

I hear ya, but I'd need a vacation time off to get there. Maybe next year...

thats what a lot of guys said to me too who ride superbikes. i went in with that same expectation, the new layout is great, its nice and tight and really teaches you a lot about riding your bike in technical stuff. i had a great time there, i just stuck her in second and rolled around in the power band the entire time. id grab third up the back straight only. if you want a track you can stretch a bike out on its not the one, if you want to get better at transitions, trail braking and powering out of corners early then this is the place to go. the best part is its smooth and you arent likely to hit a crater sized pot hole in a corner. i made out fine, the helmet and leathers did their job. bike isnt that good. needs a new fairing stay, peg, brake lever, body took a bit of a beat. frame slider is bent, swing arm spool is just a nub. and i managed to damage the exhaust a little. its not terrible but its enough to make me open my wallet deeper than i want to. and i havent even pulled the body off the bike yet, i noticed the tail isnt attached on one side so im not sure if i broke a bolt, or it got ripped out or broke the subframe or what.

Good that you're ok, bike can be fixed, and it doesn't get any cheaper than fixing early 2000s gsxr's with used parts :)

agreed. thats one of the reasons i ride a gixxer. im pretty sure the avondale around the corner from me has parts for it, lol. well oem parts anyways, not many of those on the bike sadly. and i once again get to deal with the idiots at attack, i broke my new peg in the crash, i would have much rather done in the old one. oh well :)

we did a sunday and monday there a year ago, came up from niagara. its a bit of a hike for sure. my only suggestion is stay the night and come back the morning after. the drive back after the second day on track was just too much for us.

A big thanks to Fawaz, his staff and volunteers, and all those involved with yesterdays trackday.

The new track is amazing. I had a blast, the weather held, and met some great people.

Keep up the great work, I'll be back for your next one.

It was two great days and awesome weather considering it looked pretty rough a few times. Thank you Fawaz for doing what you do! Great place for people to get started and learn the ropes! There was a pretty tired bunch yesterday!
Two fun days and I didn't even ride and enjoyed myself!

Anything can be high sided! Anything! Thinking it can't be high sided is the first step to the high side.

Here's a video of the last session of yellow group on Saturday.
First lap is slow as it's a warmup, gets more interesting afterwards!

[video=youtube_share;5sHq8Kwx_d0]http://youtu.be/5sHq8Kwx_d0[/video]

sweet, i make an appearance at 3:23 :D

Here's a video of the last session of yellow group on Saturday.
First lap is slow as it's a warmup, gets more interesting afterwards!

[video=youtube_share;5sHq8Kwx_d0]http://youtu.be/5sHq8Kwx_d0[/video]
Nice vid! Good thing you didn't pass that guy on the left at 4:00, could have been bad news :)

Nice and stable, what camera and mount? I'm sure the smooth track helps. What bike? Would love a fuel gauge, I like your multi stage shift light too.

One thing you should work on is not chopping the throttle in the middle of your side to side transitions.

Jamie offering track riding advice.............. nice.

Jamie is the voice of authority on GTAM :)

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Nice vid! Good thing you didn't pass that guy on the left at 4:00, could have been bad news :)

Nice and stable, what camera and mount? I'm sure the smooth track helps. What bike? Would love a fuel gauge, I like your multi stage shift light too.

One thing you should work on is not chopping the throttle in the middle of your side to side transitions.
triumph 675 daytona

I had mentally prepared myself to make the pass on the left at 4:00... then he proceeded to wreck my plan by signalling track out at the beginning of the back straight.. confused the hell out of me I'll tell ya.

Was a GoPro camera on a Gecko suction cup mount. Multistage shift light is great.

Understand the throttle chop - one of the things I've been working on anyways.
First time on this bike at the track - need to adjust the throttle cable slack too.

Back
Top Bottom