Racer5 VIP Track Day | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racer5 VIP Track Day

油井緋色;2220987 said:
Sweet! You got a pic of me before I mangled myself lol

Seems those 125s are easier to crash than one might think! Were you wearing your camera?

Seems those 125s are easier to crash than one might think! Were you wearing your camera?

No =( I never fixed the mount that broke @ Racer5.

Part of me is glad though, I spent a good few minutes hyperventilating cause of the pain lol

video of my crash, crash happens just after the 5:30 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeqF0kdNdCA

i thought i hit the turtle but when i slowed down and zoomed in, i was no where near the damn thing, looks like the bike hit a bump on the brakes in the corner and the street tire didnt help

Here's a question for the DDT gurus...
The chicane before the back straight - what is the correct line through there?

I found that if I kept the right turn into the chicane far to the right, carried a bit and squared it off to the left I hit the apex cone much cleaner and typically made up a bunch of distance on anyone in front of me not following that line...

Thoughts anyone?
This line worked for me, I am sure others will have a different opinion

[video=youtube;qtsRxcHlpaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtsRxcHlpaI[/video]

was that the corner he was talking about or was he talking about the one two after that? the big left handed u turn of a corner?

that line worked for me quite well too. i went wide a few times and found some debris on the track, but after chasing my buddy who was staying more inside i found that one worked best for me too

was that the corner he was talking about or was he talking about the one two after that? the big left handed u turn of a corner?

that line worked for me quite well too. i went wide a few times and found some debris on the track, but after chasing my buddy who was staying more inside i found that one worked best for me too
Oh, if he is talking about that one then i got no clue lol, at the end of the day i realized you can go through it a lot faster than what you think but i don't think i ever got it right

who knows, im not even sure what corner is what number there, with the kinks and such im not sure if theyre labelled as one turn, or an a and b set or what.

This line worked for me, I am sure others will have a different opinion

[video=youtube;qtsRxcHlpaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtsRxcHlpaI[/video]

I am not the fastest by any stretch of the imagination but that's the line that works for me as well.

Why did the ambulance leave for over an hour? Everytime I have seen someone needing an ambulance at a track there was a street ambulance that came in to pick up the person and the track ambulance did not leave.

The new mandate at Mosport is that motorcycle events must be run with an actual city EMS not just event paramedics. This is a vast improvement overa track ambulance because if there is a critical life threatening condition, they don't have to wait 20-30 minutes for a road ambulance to show up, they are allowed to do the patient transport.

Durham EMS will only assign one ambulance for the event and that will be the dedicated ambulance for the day. They will not send out another ambulance (understandable as I would feel terrible if someone else in the county died from not getting critical care on time, just so we could save 20 minutes of track time).

The down time was only 20-30 minutes more (at most) than if you wait for a road ambulance. I've seen times where road ambulances can take an hour or more to show up if its a non-life threatening situation such as the one that occurred on Saturday.

Why did the ambulance leave for over an hour? Everytime I have seen someone needing an ambulance at a track there was a street ambulance that came in to pick up the person and the track ambulance did not leave.

Oh, if he is talking about that one then i got no clue lol, at the end of the day i realized you can go through it a lot faster than what you think but i don't think i ever got it right

Actually, this is the corner I meant --1:36 of this video.

[video=youtube;5sHq8Kwx_d0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5sHq8Kwx_d0#t=96[/video]

Actually, this is the corner I meant --1:36 of this video.

[video=youtube;5sHq8Kwx_d0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5sHq8Kwx_d0#t=96[/video]
Sorry you are on your own on that one lol, I was too busy posing for the photographer to attempt having a good line ;)

Only suggestion I can offer from the video is: you started turning before the first marker (cone) stay late to the left and after the last cone turn right hard. That will slow you down a bit on the left turn but keep you tight to the left allowing you to have a way faster exit into the back straight. I only figure that at the end of the day so I don't really have any good video to show, mostly i just ****ed it up every time.

I am sure someone else with more than one day there can offer better advice

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom