Dogs and other critters | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dogs and other critters

and I'm already getting separation anxiety. Hahaha!

I wish I could take my dogs with me! LOL - I suffer severely from separation anxiety as well. I thought it was the dog who was supposed to feel this way!

I also have an aviary with seven budgies in it. The picture is a little dark, and you can only see six of the birds in it. Budgies are happy, cheerful social little animals.

373_zps79ad2f25.jpg

Do they make more noise as their numbers increase? How did you make the leap from one to seven?

The albino did it! Is that a wabbit?

Do they make more noise as their numbers increase? How did you make the leap from one to seven?

Yes more noise for sure, one alone can make a ruckus! But they are song birds with a huge vocal range (especially males - to attract/impress females) so the noise can often be beautiful. They're also smart and learn/mimic other birds.

Because I wasn't going to be spending time socializing with them, I knew I was going to have a few. I started with three, but quickly felt the cage they were in was too small. I ordered a big cage and I could tell they were thrilled with it. In a pet store one day, I see they have one budgie for sale. Just one bird. They are social animals, and this poor girl was miserable, so I had to rescue her. Just slowly acquired 5, 6, and 7 in my travels, when I'd find a bird that was different colours then any bird I already had. So that's another neat little feature - all seven of my birds are distinctly different colours.

If you have time to spend with the bird, you can just get one. Being they crave social interaction it will become your friend. I had one in the past that would go with me everywhere. If I showered with the door open, it would come right in and join me. Like get in the water and actually bathe with me. We had all sorts of fun. I'm sure youtube has lots of good videos demonstrating both singing/talking and fun/playing.

The friendship and love of an animal is such a precious, pure and honest thing. So special! :)

Hahaha! How do you spoil horses rotten?

I'm an expert at spoiling dogs. :D

Gus and Max. Our 2 Chows Gus (Black) will be 2 in January. Max (Cream) is just over 4 months.

They have the same dad but are brothers from a different mother.

And you think I like Mondays? You could have stayed home and slept on the couch all day. Suck it up, princess.

F6B5A05A-0164-4D4F-A6E8-6FA7A0C3859F-21776-00000BABB6CF479C_zps366f59ed.jpg

Live up in Bradford. My girlfriend got him from a pure breeder that breed show samoyeds in Quebec. Was a little expensive but he is so worth it. He is so friendly and loves saying hi to everybody. When we take him to the dog park he is always running to greet everyone coming in. In the house he loves to lay by the front door and look out the windows or sit on the vent ac in the summer at the back door.

Other times we let him out on the front porch and he just sits there and watches everyone goes by. Before we got the Samoyed we had read that they like to howl a lot. Mine doesn't really howl at all.. Only barks when we get home from work and when we leave. We call him bear... What do you call your guys/girls?

I've only every seen one other Sammie before and it was when my dog was about 4 months old. He is now almost 1 1/2.

What about you guys?

Most of the points you made are the same with ours. He is getting better now but when he was a puppy, if we had him out for a walk and someone walked by and didn't say hi to him, it was almost as if he was complaining that someone didn't say hi to him. At the dog park he is definately the park greeter, as soon as someone comes towards the gate he will run over and stand right in front waiting for them to come in.

We have a bay window in our kitchen which is at the front and he will just sit in front of the window watching everything. Whenever my wife and I are out and we are about to pull into the driveway we make a bet wether he is at the window or not.

Ours doesn't howl a lot, only if one of his doggie friends walks by and he doesn't get to go outside then he will full out howl. He does "talk" a lot though, doesn't bark that much but does talk to us quite a bit. His name is Thor and he was born last May so almost 16 months now. Last week we ran into another Sammie at the dog park, there are three in my neighbourhood, his half sister (differnet mom) lives about a 5 min drive so we met up with them this summer and hopefully we will have a get together with his sister who lives in goderich before the summer is over.

Is the black one a pure chow?

They are both pure bred. Gus' ears never went up and his nose is a little longer then a show quality dog would have. So he has some flaws, but he is our big baby. A lot of people are scared of Chows based on some previous poor breeding and aggression issues. he has changed many people views of them. The down side is many people see them as just big squishy fuzzy teddy bears and think maybe they should also go get one which is what go them the bad rap in the 80's. They are great dogs, but without the right owner that understands the dog they can go to the dark side, which is not where any of us want them to be.

couple of other pictures

Last edited:
They are both pure bred. Gus' ears never went up and his nose is a little longer then a show quality dog would have. So he has some flaws, but he is our big baby. A lot of people are scared of Chows based on some previous poor breeding and aggression issues. he has changed many people views of them. The down side is many people see them as just big squishy fuzzy teddy bears and think maybe they should also go get one which is what go them the bad rap in the 80's. They are great dogs, but without the right owner that understands the dog they can go to the dark side, which is not where any of us want them to be.

couple of other pictures
He looks more chow like in that first pic standing sideways, at least to a non chow owner. When I was a kid in junior high, I would walk past a pet store on the way home everyday and they had a chow out in the back. I used to go say hi to him all the time but when other people were walking with me he did not react well to them and seemed aggressive. I always liked the look of them and the dark tounge was always cool.

Looking again at the first pic with the two of them together, the little guy is pretty "excited" to be there.

Left to right

Ares
German Rottweiler mix black German Shepherd

Hero
American Rottweiler

Excellent home property security lol
e8u2epyg.jpg

3ejusyjy.jpg

Dogs diary...

[video=youtube;Xw1C5T-fH2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw1C5T-fH2Y[/video]

Back
Top Bottom