Dogs and other critters | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dogs and other critters

The girlfriends cat hasn't left my side since she moved in 18mo ago. He's a rescue and knows he found a good home (someone left him on the curb in a box in the winter). If I'm tinkering in the garage he's on the workbench and if I'm cleaning the pool he's on the deck. Naps on me when I watch tv and always greets us at the door. Cute lil bugger.

The girlfriends cat hasn't left my side since she moved in 18mo ago. He's a rescue and knows he found a good home (someone left him on the curb in a box in the winter). If I'm tinkering in the garage he's on the workbench and if I'm cleaning the pool he's on the deck. Naps on me when I watch tv and always greets us at the door. Cute lil bugger.

:)

The more people I meet the more I like my cats.

[video=youtube;80IfeEOIqHc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80IfeEOIqHc[/video]

Place i do some work for has two huge guard dogs, a Cane Corso ( IKE ) and a Shepherd, when they decide to rough house, it's pretty amusing watching their different tactics.
The ole' Corso, died April 1st, so the other dog was lonely and bugging me to play today, i had to "throw the crushed gatorade bottle" for 20 mins.

R.I.P. IKE, the Gentle Giant. (unless you try to get through the gate of course)
Just as an example of how well he did his job, he knows me, but if the gate is closed, i couldn't go through, he would attack me for sure.
If i go inside the building and come out the back door to the yard, then he's ok with that, silly meathead !

Yeah, my parents present set of hounds are like that now. I go from the inside to the backdoor they're ok. If I was to go from outside to the inside, they'd probably try to eat me.

Last time I was there, I changed my clothes & went in without their knowledge. Saw the British Labrador charging at me. I started to scream his name... He just paused & looked at me blankly

Place i do some work for has two huge guard dogs, a Cane Corso ( IKE ) and a Shepherd, when they decide to rough house, it's pretty amusing watching their different tactics.
The ole' Corso, died April 1st, so the other dog was lonely and bugging me to play today, i had to "throw the crushed gatorade bottle" for 20 mins.

R.I.P. IKE, the Gentle Giant. (unless you try to get through the gate of course)
Just as an example of how well he did his job, he knows me, but if the gate is closed, i couldn't go through, he would attack me for sure.
If i go inside the building and come out the back door to the yard, then he's ok with that, silly meathead !
20 minutes, you poor soul. My Australia Cattle Dog needs about 3 hours a day.

20 minutes, you poor soul. My Australia Cattle Dog needs about 3 hours a day.

When the owner of the dog is paying me 50 cents per minute to be there, it costs me 10$ to stop work and play for 20 mins.

Yeah, my parents present set of hounds are like that now. I go from the inside to the backdoor they're ok. If I was to go from outside to the inside, they'd probably try to eat me.

Last time I was there, I changed my clothes & went in without their knowledge. Saw the British Labrador charging at me. I started to scream his name... He just paused & looked at me blankly
Superman effect.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

My dog tore his CCL (similar to ACL in humans) last week :( Probably gonna need surgery... has anyone else been through this before by chance?

Yes. Depending on the extent of the tear, the repair might not be necessary.

The issue is taking a hyper/active breed and keeping them on leash for 8 - 12 weeks for things as minor as going out for a washroom break. No off leash exercise as it may cause further damage or in the case of repair, re-injure.

It's temping to let them out in the back yard to do their business and find them hobble back inside.

Even after 8 months, our boxer can exert themselves a bit too much.

Vet said even with the operation, they will never be the same. And in our case, they said without the operation, the pup would regain about 80% of full strength.

Still jumps pretty high but has some trouble jumping up in tight places like the bedroom. Whines to be let up on the bed. Wife spoils him. I refuse.

Operation was fairly costly and outcome not guaranteed.

Each case is different but our vet was pretty matter of fact. Didn't discourage us but didn't make us feel bad if we didn't move ahead with doing it. They also said happens a lot to many breeds.

So we took our chances and didn't have the operation.

The recovery time is the same if they have the operation or not.

We just don't let him get too much off leash exercise. Manages other things like stairs and such fairly well. Time will tell if it continues. He's only a couple of months past a year old.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dog tore his CCL (similar to ACL in humans) last week :( Probably gonna need surgery... has anyone else been through this before by chance?

I went through it three times on two back legs on our large lab. It was tough but I saw the value, you can let it heal "natural" , and it may be ok, the surgery is 80-90% on most big dogs, mine looked like a chicken leg and the muscle never came back 100%, but i thought it was better than not doing it. Keeping a big active dog quiet for 10-12 weeks is next to impossible, my wife F'ed up the first surgery by letting him off leash 4 wks in and he saw a pidgeon on the lawn and blew the repair. It was $1800 each time, times 3. I loved that dog, he had many thousands in repairs.

If you go through with it, be prepared to feel bad for weeks suffering (more than the dog)

Any of you guys feed your dogs raw food (chicken neck, feet, beef gullet, trachea). I'm looking for a good source of raw food in the Mississauga/Brampton area.

Back
Top Bottom