Bike wont start, stuck need some help | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike wont start, stuck need some help

Gotta admit.. Pretty nervous about breaking a window in that plastic housing

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Just thought of something .

The pump is working fine right now.. The only thing i poked around and physically moved was when i proved the back of the external connector...

WHAT IF it is this piece all along

ysa2y8av.jpg

There is noway i can determine that right now because the pump is working

This picture (#1) has red and black on it. Why not connect a DMM that has a continuity test with a beeper, if you have, and wiggle it. see if the continuity noise gets disrupted if the wires are moved. If it does, then instead of drilling through, since it's an external connection that seems to be the problem, i would just resolder the end piece of the black wire to where it's connected to. This is assuming that the wire that's in the epoxy is solid. Usually the reason it's epoxied is because they don't want ppl messing around with it as it can disrupt a sensor (if there is one). There's usually something in there that shouldnt be messed around that's why theres epoxy.

Pic #2. I would again, continuity test. If you have small alligator clips, it would make it easier to diagnose. If not, then you either buy a pair or grab another pair of hands. @ twos with the DMM and the harness and the other wiggle. It's also possible to do with just 2 hands but it gets tricky depending on the type of probe your dmm comes with.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/vedy2u4e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/ysa2y8av.jpg

Picture 2

there is nothing to clip on to. I can barely poke a needle through the back...

I can try and push a copper wire from the other side and tap it with a mallet?

Picture 1

Both sides of the epoxy shows no bare cable. So i cant get a read at all. My research says that the red and or the black wire tends to break off inside there for whatever reason

Pic 1. So try continuity test on the two terminal if the connection is solid if the wires get wiggled.

Pic 2. Is there nothing under the rubber on the left? U can also check the wiring diagram if any 2 wires is a complete circuit. And test thanway

Pic 1. So try continuity test on the two terminal if the connection is solid if the wires get wiggled.

Pic 2. Is there nothing under the rubber on the left? U can also check the wiring diagram if any 2 wires is a complete circuit. And test thanway

P1 i dont have access to the actual wire in either side.. I would have to splice it

P2 i can get in on the left side with a long ohm meter needle under the runnier.. But the real problem is the right side. Its a female end. And the holes are super small. I can maybe push a very thin copper wire thru

I see. Does pic one lead to the wire harness of pic2?
Use whatever conductive material you can use for diagnosing. However, don't break the contacts. lol. If pic one doens't lead to pic 2. then there must be a way out unless it's connected to a relay.

I see. Does pic one lead to the wire harness of pic2?
Use whatever conductive material you can use for diagnosing. However, don't break the contacts. lol. If pic one doens't lead to pic 2. then there must be a way out unless it's connected to a relay.

Yes it leads to it

I am going to find a thin copper cable

Okay just in case anybody is following this thread I have carved open to Epoxy to see in the fuel flange where the wires are connected and I found the the power wire is disconnected this is where the problem lies

I am going to solder this back on and I need to use some kind of epoxy or putty that is resistant to fuel to fill this back up

if anybody has any suggestions?

The wiring harness is about $180 online from USA. Plus the labor.

the whole unit is over $1000 so this is a handy fix for a Ducati owner if it works which it should because others have done it

asydedup.jpg

uhe6a8a4.jpg

da8ytyse.jpg

Canadian tire sells gas tank repair epoxy paste that should be workable

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ok will try. I am 2 solders away from fixing this thing.. But i cant get in there to solder. Well i can but i cant get the solder to sit well

Ok i dug out the epoxy. Soldered all the wires. Put new epoxy. Tested connections. I changed the fuel filter as well just because i was there anyways... Put the pump back in the tank.. Filled it up..

Turn the key, the pump primes.. So the original problem us fixed. There is power going to pump.. But the bike wont start.. It sounds like its not getting fuel.. Any ideas what could be going on?

I'm assuming you've cycled it a few times? Your fuel lines will probably be full of air and you have to get that out before you will have success.

Okay here is an update which may shed light.. I removed the hoses under the tank. When i unplug the out hose the hose (not the tank) started pissing out fuel.. For a good 2 minutes about a half gallon or so.. The gas coming from where the hose is connected to inside my bike

I think my tank emptied out in to the throttle bodies... lol ok tell me what i hooked up wrong

These hoses connected to the bottom of the fuel tank are the ones that are pissing out gas when i disconnected them.. Just the one on the bottom without the green tape. It was connected to the "out" connection on the bottom of the tank..

u9a2evu5.jpg

4etatugy.jpg

Okay fuel pump problem is fixed !! everything running !!

Doing this myself, i saved a lot. The wire harness was $200 usd online plus labor or i could have gotten the whole new assembly for $1100 ! Lol

Anyways the fix cost me less then $20. And now i really know my way around the fuel pump assembly and everything inside the tank

If any duc owners need help with similar problem.. Dont hesitate to contact me.

Back
Top Bottom