Occasional Idle Issues CBR | GTAMotorcycle.com

Occasional Idle Issues CBR

2wheelwasp

Hey all,

3rd season with my 2010 CBR 1000RA. Recently I've noticed on occasion that during a ride when I go to pull my clutch in at a light or stop that my engine is loping. It doesn't affect accel or performance as far as I can tell. If I turn the bike off and on again the idle goes back to normal and wont happen again for the remainder of the ride. I have ridden with my m4 exhaust for 2 seasons without the idle issue. Any ideas? I'm totally perplexed as it doesn't happen every ride and always goes back to normal when shut off and on.

Thanks.

When was your air filter last serviced?

Sounds like the TPS needs to be reset or replaced.

To be honest I am not sure. On my Triumph with the Keihin ECU you set the voltage. In my case it is .6v dc. Moving it even slightly will change the setting. The loping idle and the fact that turning the engine off then back on fixes the problem being similar is what leads me to suggest this.

Last edited:
To be honest I am not sure. On my Triumph with the Keihin ECU you set the voltage. In my case it is .6v dc. Moving it even slightly will change the setting. The loping idle and the fact that turning the engine off then back on fixes the problem being similar is what leads me to suggest this.

Ill try disconnecting the battery for an hour. I am also getting a slight buzzing when I turn the key but prior to actually starting the bike. Its a buzz that lasts like a second. Sounds like CCT but I just had it replaced.

Ill try disconnecting the battery for an hour. I am also getting a slight buzzing when I turn the key but prior to actually starting the bike. Its a buzz that lasts like a second. Sounds like CCT but I just had it replaced.

Sounds like fuel pump

Back
Top Bottom