Air show retard rant | GTAMotorcycle.com

Air show retard rant

happycrappy

Site Supporter
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...on_of_death_and_kill_the_airshow_fiorito.html

I have no interest in trying to argue with a guy about what he should be interested in, but this article? I don't know what is more disappointing; the fact that the Toronto Star can't hire contributors that have an ounce on competence and good sense, or that there people that are so dreadfully narrow and disrespectful when people around them don't quite fit into their little fiefdom. A couple of excerpts:

A cute or clever name, until you are reminded that an ace is a fighter pilot credited with kills in battle. We’re not talking video game kills. We’re talking kills, as in death.
We celebrate that here now, do we?
Makes me sick.

An analogy here is kids playing with fireworks, or idiots in cars racing around a track at high speed; it’s fun until it blows up in your face; or, fun until some idiot gets out of his car, runs onto the track, and gets bumped into oblivion.
You like that stuff?

Finally, a lot of people will conclude that I don’t “support our troops” because I refuse to celebrate instruments of death, or the skill required to wield them. That’s absurd. I support our troops with my taxes, just like you do, and I’m in a pretty fair bracket; odds are, I support them more.
And I say it’s time to ground the air show.

I know, it's a motorcycle forum....trouble is, this guy has a column in a major daily, and I really wonder how he sees motorcyclists, or anyone else that doesn't sing from the same songbook. He's a ****ing nazi

I'm not surprised, considering that he writes for the Star. I haven't read that rag in years and probably won't bother to again. Then again, I don't read any newspapers anymore because they are all staffed by morons.

However, the entire world is full of people who don't like what other people like. Some people like big lifted trucks with huge tires to go off-roading or perhaps just for show -- others might think that guy has a small penis and is compensating. Other people like guns and like to perfect their capabilities because that is what they enjoy -- others see them as potential psychopaths to like to play with murder sticks.

Just remember this article the next time you go criticize something that other people like but you don't understand, you may be inadvertently pulling a Joe Fiorito.

From where I sit a few fighter jets should hit mach 1 right along the lakeshore, to blow the windows out of those bloody condos. Terrorize? Atomize.

Do we celebrate Aces here?, darn skippy we do. We name airports after them. Billy Bishop was a heck of a marksman and flier. Ironic its right beside the show.

Modern journalism in the form of a contributors article is to evoke thought and provide an often contrary opinion. Seems it works. Doesn't mean the fella that gets the nod to type has any valid points to make.

Wow...I don't even know where to start with that write up. This guy is out of touch! So many backhanded insults in that article! I gather from him that the "tools of war" should not be on display, Certainly not above his Parkdale home. But what about the civilian pilots? The gliders? SAR? And while he takes credit for supporting our troops (via his taxes) why do I get the impression that if he were given the choice, he probably wouldn't? (hoping that's not true!)

White liberal guilt.

Anyway, I agree the airport should be moved out of Toronto. The city doesn't deserve anything good. Take it somewhere it will be appreciated.
The town I grew up in had a massive international airshow replete with the latest and greatest along with demos midfield of how the arms worked. Then the SWPL league got in there and it's a poor shadow of what it used to be.

This happens every year like clock work. They have to claim they're against celebrating "death" and glamourizing war, but the real reason is in the middle of the article.

"Please, spare me, my neighbours, and anyone sensible, from being smothered in smoke and noise."

hmmmm reminds me of the city council motion against motorcycle exhaust noise....nimby

The star is a tabloid at best. Journalism and their name should never be in the same sentence.

The star is a tabloid at best. Journalism and their name should never be in the same sentence.

They never used to be. They used to be a useful and reliable news source, that you would take with a grain of salt around election time. Now their excellent investigative reporting is buried under a metric tonne of trying to be the anti-Sun.

They never used to be. They used to be a useful and reliable news source, that you would take with a grain of salt around election time. Now their excellent investigative reporting is buried under a metric tonne of trying to be the anti-Sun.
I agree. There is a difference between investigative reporting and witch hunting.

Maybe it's me, but after the *continued Rob Ford attacks, I've lost all respect for them. (I'm not a Ford fan boy either)

This happens every year like clock work. They have to claim they're against celebrating "death" and glamourizing war, but the real reason is in the middle of the article.

hmmmm reminds me of the city council motion against motorcycle exhaust noise....nimby

Moves to biggest city in Canada.. complains about noise and pollution.

Makes sense.

They've swung so far left that its almost retarded. I think it's the new fad, just like hipsters
Moves to biggest city in Canada.. complains about noise and pollution.

Makes sense.
Not only that they complain about the DVP too. F'ing condo developers are driving me up the walls

I agree. There is a difference between investigative reporting and witch hunting.

Maybe it's me, but after the *continued Rob Ford attacks, I've lost all respect for them. (I'm not a Ford fan boy either)

In the case of Rob Ford it was more a matter of methods, than the effort itself. Their standards for everyday reporting have definitely dropped, significantly. Obviously many of their allegations ultimately proved true. Ford turned the tables very effectively on them, making The Star look like they were on a witch hunt. He managed to fool me too.

Back
Top Bottom