Only in Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

Only in Canada

cbcanada

Banned
"Democracy"...

Did we have a say in this?
Will we have a say in it the next election?

How about we vote on this here on gtam and extrapolate the results to what would have happened if there was real democracy and we had a real say in things that matter and affect out daily lives

I vote no

2amapy3u.jpg

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

^^ Funny how variants of that notice show up in the UK, Australia and your everyday neighbourhood tentyhead-apparel 3-consonents-in-a-row burn-a-cross-in-a-darkie's-garden shops for your everyday bigot.

^^ Funny how variants of that notice show up in the UK, Australia and your everyday neighbourhood tentyhead-apparel 3-consonents-in-a-row burn-a-cross-in-a-darkie's-garden shops for your everyday bigot.

Lol say what?

you mean its false? If so then Its better to say its "false" instead of taking the "Simpsons comic book guy" approach to it.

I got it forwarded to me from a friend and was asked to share so i did.

In any case false or not. Sharing this sort of thing with others does not make one a bigot.

I rather be informed just in case it was.

However you assuming people that share this sort of things are "darkie cross burning bigots" or whatever it is you said... Makes you a bigot.

So if it is a junk mail sort of thing that gets forwarded around. I apologies.

Appearantly its $635 a month in ontario per person. According to ccrweb.ca

abytu9ad.jpg

Which means a family of 3 would be getting more then what my parents are getting currently.

Appearantly its $635 a month in ontario per person. According to ccrweb.ca

abytu9ad.jpg

According to a google result for CCRWE (who isn't a government organization). The "..." means that there is more after it and its been cut of. We would have to see the entire page to know the context of that. But the page seems to a rebuttal to the claims that refuges are paid to much.

Their site appears to be down ATM cause they changed hosts

According to a google result for CCRWE (who isn't a government organization). The "..." means that there is more after it and its been cut of. We would have to see the entire page to know the context of that. But the page seems to a rebuttal to the claims that refuges are paid to much.

Their site appears to be down ATM cause they changed hosts

I can go on the site ccrwe.ca

I did also look for a goverment site which gives financial detail.. But that impossible. Perhaps some one knows where we can attain goverment figures.

I would like to see the real numbers because those are not, not even close.

You would be a good republican in the states, you believe any propaganda it is posted on Facebook or Fox.

"Democracy"...

Did we have a say in this?
Will we have a say in it the next election?

How about we vote on this here on gtam and extrapolate the results to what would have happened if there was real democracy and we had a real say in things that matter and affect out daily lives

I vote no

2amapy3u.jpg

Which means a family of 3 would be getting more then what my parents are getting currently.

A family of 30 would be making more than the primer minister!

Do you even understand that the reason this is a country you can be proud of being a part of is because we do this kind of thing, help and support people that other wise would either be killed or abused, put yourself on the shoes of someone that knows if he stays his wife and daughter will be raped or killed.

A refugee gets welfare only for the period of time it takes for their claim to be reviewed, they also get an Ohip card and there is a one time allowance for cloths. Also after a certain period of time, they are given a permit to work and are expected to find a job and they need to prove they are going to interviews etc.

The day the decisions is made, if their claim is negated they are sent back within a few days. By the way there are judges whom are experts on each country and it is really hard to fake your way through. They have also work hard on reducing the waiting period for the claim to be reviewed so that refugees are not staying for years and years waiting on a response.

Last edited:
I would like to see the real numbers because those are not, not even close.

You would be a good republican in the states, you believe any propaganda it is posted on Facebook or Fox.

Haha no! I am super anti politics. But this was a lesson learned for me.

However still brings up an interesting topic maybe we can get to the bottom and find real numbers

A family of 30 would be making more than the primer minister!

Do you even understand that the reason this is a country you can be proud of being a part of is because we do this kind of thing, help and support people that other wise would either be killed or abused, put yourself on the shoes of someone that knows if he stays his wife and daughter will be raped or killed.

A refugee gets welfare only for the period of time it takes for their claim to be reviewed, they also get an Ohip card and there is a one time allowance for cloths. Also after a certain period of time, they are given a permit to work and are expected to find a job and they need to prove they are going to interviews etc.

The day the decisions is made, if their claim is negated they are sent back within a few days. By the way there are judges whom are experts on each country and it is really hard to fake your way through. They have also work hard on reducing the waiting period for the claim to be reviewed so that refugees are not staying for years and years waiting on a response.

I am all for helping the needy abroad. I donate quite a bit to help those abroad even though i wonder how much of it gets there... I do it cuz i feel i need to.

I am just curious how much they get here.. We have a right to know this. The fact that a 30 minute google search can find no goverment site that shows me the info is alarming. Where is the transparency.?

Its our money being spent. We have the right to find this info.. BUT Again you are telling me AND asking me things on a different thread now and taking things off topic for the second time. :)

I just want to know the $ figures. Dont you?

Last edited:
GTAM take on immigration/refugees issue ... LOL ... nice try. Back to Ramon, that's more fitting for GTAM ...

link from the comments section of hoax-slayer

"Do government-assisted refugees get more income support and benefits than Canadian pensioners do?No. Refugees do not get more financial help from the federal government than Canadian pensioners do. A widely circulated email makes this false claim. The email mistakenly includes the one-time start-up payment as part of the monthly payment. The amount of monthly financial support that government-assisted refugees get is based on provincial social assistance rates. It is the minimum amount needed to cover only the most basic food and shelter needs.

Many refugees selected for resettlement to Canada have been forced to flee their country because of extreme hardship. Some may have been living in refugee camps for many years. When they arrive in Canada, they must start their lives again in a country very different from their own.
In keeping with Canada’s proud humanitarian traditions, individuals and families get immediate and essential services and support to help them become established in Canada."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=105&t=11

link from the comments section of hoax-slayer

"Do government-assisted refugees get more income support and benefits than Canadian pensioners do?No. Refugees do not get more financial help from the federal government than Canadian pensioners do. A widely circulated email makes this false claim. The email mistakenly includes the one-time start-up payment as part of the monthly payment. The amount of monthly financial support that government-assisted refugees get is based on provincial social assistance rates. It is the minimum amount needed to cover only the most basic food and shelter needs.

Many refugees selected for resettlement to Canada have been forced to flee their country because of extreme hardship. Some may have been living in refugee camps for many years. When they arrive in Canada, they must start their lives again in a country very different from their own.
In keeping with Canada’s proud humanitarian traditions, individuals and families get immediate and essential services and support to help them become established in Canada."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=105&t=11

Its normal for anti-immigration sources to vastly exaggerate everything. In the UK the anti-immigration party said the floodgates would open once Bulgarians and Romanians were given rights to travel to the UK under open borders. The real figures released this week show just 12,000 new immigrants compared to the UKIP party estimate of hundreds of thousands or more. That's the UK but it happens in every country where a right wing party has an agenda to push. That agenda is pushed by fear mongering.

You do have a say in this... in a real poling station. The reason why we have these policies now is that a majority of Canadians elected these politicians into office. I think the best way to make your voice heard in the next election is by voting for the party that best reflects your preferred policies in both levels of government.

Back
Top Bottom