Another deadly crash | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another deadly crash

Damn. Sad to read this. Two families are going to be shattered.

This really makes me so upset and confused, I really don't want to risk my life and the life of my girlfriend by riding in a city that doesn't teach drivers to be wary of motorcyclists. They don't look. You can put up all the signs on those MTO boards that say look out for motorcyclists, give bikers space. It doesn't matter, they're ******* dumb and think their cage is all that matters on the road. Like the lady said on the news, we don't have that cage that everyone else has. Even if we aren't at fault we still pay the price. I'm honestly taking a break from riding because of how bad it is to ride in and around the GTA. Have you seen the amount of people on their phones while driving? It makes me want to choke them through the driver side window! Maybe that risk of getting hit and killed is just part of riding, and obviously you can die in a car too, but it's just not as likely as it would be on a bike. I just think I'm not ready to die before I turn 22.

TL;DR= cagers suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This really makes me so upset and confused, I really don't want to risk my life and the life of my girlfriend by riding in a city that doesn't teach drivers to be wary of motorcyclists. They don't look. You can put up all the signs on those MTO boards that say look out for motorcyclists, give bikers space. It doesn't matter, they're ****ing dumb and think their cage is all that matters on the road. Like the lady said on the news, we don't have that cage that everyone else has. Even if we aren't at fault we still pay the price. I'm honestly taking a break from riding because of how bad it is to ride in and around the GTA. Have you seen the amount of people on their phones while driving? It makes me want to choke them through the driver side window! Maybe that risk of getting hit and killed is just part of riding, and obviously you can die in a car too, but it's just not as likely as it would be on a bike. I just think I'm not ready to die before I turn 22.

TL;DR= cagers suck

I know its easy to blame the cagers, but also it comes down to riders too. From reports I read in the news, witness claims rider was speeding and rode on the shoulder to get around a car....

A lot has to do with the people in control of these vehicles.. be it cars, trucks or motorcycles. Unfortunately a mistake can be deadly

I know its easy to blame the cagers, but also it comes down to riders too. From reports I read in the news, witness claims rider was speeding and rode on the shoulder to get around a car....

A lot has to do with the people in control of these vehicles.. be it cars, trucks or motorcycles. Unfortunately a mistake can be deadly

I just read that in the other thread. It's still everyone's responsibility to be safe

So sorry to hear.:(

on a side note, the cop was taught to say, "again, i don't know. Investigation to be completed,..." . May be you could stay at home constable and they call you and you repeat the same thing over and over. No need to be in front of camera.

And we ride motorcycle and not drive. Educate yourself.

And we ride motorcycle and not drive. Educate yourself.

This type of due diligence is what's needed on the rode 24/7/365. Well done you.

This really makes me so upset and confused, I really don't want to risk my life and the life of my girlfriend by riding in a city that doesn't teach drivers to be wary of motorcyclists. They don't look. You can put up all the signs on those MTO boards that say look out for motorcyclists, give bikers space. It doesn't matter, they're ****ing dumb and think their cage is all that matters on the road. Like the lady said on the news, we don't have that cage that everyone else has. Even if we aren't at fault we still pay the price. I'm honestly taking a break from riding because of how bad it is to ride in and around the GTA. Have you seen the amount of people on their phones while driving? It makes me want to choke them through the driver side window! Maybe that risk of getting hit and killed is just part of riding, and obviously you can die in a car too, but it's just not as likely as it would be on a bike. I just think I'm not ready to die before I turn 22.

TL;DR= cagers suck

A good dose of caution is the minimum that is needed, it also comes with riding experience that your constantly scanning the road in front of you looking for potential dangers, (IE if I see a car sitting in the exit of a parking lot I ASSUME they are going to pull out in front of me, same with cars waiting to turn left.. This means I slow a bit and have the fingers over the brake and clutch. I also means that if someothing happens I am a TINY bit more prepared for it. But yes your correct there will always be danger involved with riding. Each rider must assess these risks and determine if riding outweighs the risks. If not then it is time to sell the bike and go back to a cager or another form of transportation.

BUT the cagers aren't always the sole cause of an accident. From the witness reports this rider "appears" to have contributed to the probability of an accident. If the reports are accurate then there is only one true victim... The bike passenger, in that she had no control. Now if he rode like this all the time and she knew that and still choose to get on the back then she accepted that there was a higher probability of an accident. If he rode like this all the time, (speeding and driving on shoulders to pass), then he not only accepted the risks of riding but also choose that the risk of his crashing were increased substantially. BUT he should have never had a passenger it is one thing to accept your more likely to crash then to place another in the same situation. Ride like a ****** all you wnat when alone when with a passenger you ride responsibly IMHO

Another patient has been transported to hospital in critical, but stable condition, a representative with Peel Regional Paramedic Services said.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/two-people...rcycle-in-mississauga-1.1982066#ixzz3BmwtA3WU

WHat's with the other patient....if the mcycle hit the drivers door must have been at speed to injure the cager enough to hospitalize in critical condition.
Or head on with no seat belt on.
Lot of damage for a crash on a suburban street.

Sad....anyone know the people involved.

The windshield was heavily damaged in front of driver, also something was actually imbedded in the windhield couldn't tell what ti was from the news shots on TV, just something black not sure if it was plastic or metal.

WHat's with the other patient....if the mcycle hit the drivers door must have been at speed to injure the cager enough to hospitalize in critical condition.
Or head on with no seat belt on.
Lot of damage for a crash on a suburban street.

Sad....anyone know the people involved.

pic of car from yahoo.ca

86e0472d9d1981c0b314321e7d34df02

Looking at the car, it could have been a left turn, but obviously the bike had significant speed that contributed to the tragic outcome. It looks like the bike hit the front right headlight and the rider hit the driver of the car.

Based on my own experience riding/driving in Toronto, as much as cagers pull all kinds of unsafe, stupid maneuvers, I see riders almost every day that I think will likely be in the hospital soon, based on their riding.

This really makes me so upset and confused, blah blah blah. I just think I'm not ready to die before I turn 22.

TL;DR= cagers suck

You need to educate yourself and realize that in the majority of the high fatalities this season, the riders were either described as outright speeding or "erratic" in driving. Look at that car, this guy, with his pillion, was going way too fast. Fast enough to kill them both and destroy a car, on a city road.

Other reports mention he was on the shoulder. This was not an "accident", this was negligent riding. I know that area, and in the evening, it is ripe with f***tards on SS bikes competing for the Darwin award.

You want to live past 22? Then don't assume that cars are the problem. Any study on traffic safety in the last 30 years will tell you that speed difference is what kills, not outright speed. If you accelerate in traffic at twice the pace, then you are invisible half the time drivers typically scan their mirrors. Try driving in a car with guys approaching at those speeds. i think a major problem in younger riders is that they don't drive a car enough.

"Cagers suck" is just another symptom of an epidemic in society of people refusing to take responsibility for their actions. We have nothing to stand on if we don't clean up our own acts first, but the stats from this deadly summer show loss of control and rider at-fault to be major contributions, so watch for insurance and MTO retributions.

I think motorcyclists need to really reconsider what is a road bike. When I was riding at 17-25, 50-75 hp was a big deal, now it's twice that or more, while on the same two wheels.
Japan does not care about rider safety, they will sell you anything to make money.

I think it's time for the MTO to get radical. Ban pillions on SS bikes, and even consider building a road track closer to the GTA, with a drag and stunt area under safety controls and training.
The best road riders you will ever see are the ones going and coming from a racetrack.

Back
Top Bottom