U-Haul trailers | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

U-Haul trailers

Looking online at Uhaul trailers, don't see any info on loading. How do you get a bike inside an enclosed trailer?

Looking online at Uhaul trailers, don't see any info on loading. How do you get a bike inside an enclosed trailer?
You're not allowed to haul a bike in an enclosed trailer unless you drain it of gasoline (and possibly other fluids).

You're not allowed to haul a bike in an enclosed trailer unless you drain it of gasoline (and possibly other fluids).

Ah, makes sense from U-hauls point of view. Guess it's an open one then.

Just wanted to update this. I had a motorcycle trailer this weekend and using that was obviously a breeze. I didn't get a chance to have a look at the utility trailers to see what sort of tie downs spots they had, but I'll do so next time. Having said that, I can say that of the 4 straps that I used to tie my bike down, I tied two of them down to floor mounting points, and two to the side rails. Using the side rails was no problem everything felt extremely secure.

Has anyone tried putting 2 bikes in a U-Haul 5x9 motorcycle trailer? Some of the newer 5X9 utility trailers have a centre wheel chock, I was thinking of renting one of those and placing 2 bikes side by side and just strapping them with the front wheels butting the front of the trailer.

Has anyone tried putting 2 bikes in a U-Haul 5x9 motorcycle trailer? Some of the newer 5X9 utility trailers have a centre wheel chock, I was thinking of renting one of those and placing 2 bikes side by side and just strapping them with the front wheels butting the front of the trailer.

Unless you have a pair of full baggers, you should be ok. I have a 5'X8'2". I got a Busa & a VFR in safely with a few inches to spare.
Trailer is exactly like this:
http://www.kangarootrailers.com/the_Joey_5_x_8_box_trailer.html

I'll sell it or rent it if you're interested. PM me.

Just 2 small CBR250's so I think it should work out. Will post a photo here of findings for future reference once its done

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom