U-Haul trailers | GTAMotorcycle.com

U-Haul trailers

Qualdoth

Hey folks,

Did a quick search and didn't see any discussion regarding this, so... I know U-Haul has the lightweight motorcycle trailers, however, finding those is pretty hit and miss.

Does anyone have experience trailering a track bike with either the 4' x 7' or 5' x 8' utility trailers? Do they have proper tie down spots, etc? I know the 5' x 9' states it works for motorcycle towing, but I'm curious about the smaller ones. So far calling some of the U-Haul locations hasn't been very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

The small ones usually have a rail above the trailer about 6" up, which you can always get a ratchet strap on.. most people get a cheap wheel chock and put that in the front as well, maybe mounted on a piece of wood... pretty common to see one or two at track days. Have fun!

Heh.. I was just thinking about this myself. OP please post back of you find more information out

I've used both. The one usually designated as a motorcycle trailer has a built in 'chock'. If you have your own chock - as long as the trailer has 4 tie down points and a ramp, you're good to go.

I have used the small 5x7, up to the 6x12. Visit the site when you book it and look at them. Book that specific one that you looked at as not all of them have functioning tiedown points.

I've used both. The one usually designated as a motorcycle trailer has a built in 'chock'. If you have your own chock - as long as the trailer has 4 tie down points and a ramp, you're good to go.

Thanks for the feedback folks. Looks like a no-go for me for this weekend, the only trailers u-haul still has available are too heavy for my tow vehicle. Having said that, I've got my eye on another date very soon so I'll be trying to rent a small trailer for then. I'll check back here with what I find.

5x8 ones has anchors on the floor in the front and back of the trailer its pretty easy to strap the bike in.

I Europe, people use these single-bike rail trailers and can haul them behind a tiny hatchback.

http://www.trealestrailers.co.uk/motorcycle_trailers.php

foldaway_motorcycle_trailer_assembled.jpg

foldaway_motorcycle_trailer.jpg

Ive rented a few trailers from uhaul and id recommend the full coverage for an extra 10 bucks to anyone who takes one of these trailers, im surprised that these things have been beat to hell

If you're gonna roll the dice however call up the weston/401 location, they always have a few around. Dont bother checking online, the website is useless...

Hey folks,

Did a quick search and didn't see any discussion regarding this, so... I know U-Haul has the lightweight motorcycle trailers, however, finding those is pretty hit and miss.

Does anyone have experience trailering a track bike with either the 4' x 7' or 5' x 8' utility trailers? Do they have proper tie down spots, etc? I know the 5' x 9' states it works for motorcycle towing, but I'm curious about the smaller ones. So far calling some of the U-Haul locations hasn't been very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Used the 5' x 9' three times this year. shinny side has always stayed up. Would recommend.

I just rented the motorcycle trailer for the first time today. Really light, easy to load and 6 tie down spots on the sides as well as the rails. Noisy, but easy to use. My bikes sitting on it in my garage now, ready for the track tomorrow.

I just rented the motorcycle trailer for the first time today. Really light, easy to load and 6 tie down spots on the sides as well as the rails.

Light??! Those things are built like freaking tanks!!!
I've got a motorcycle trailer from Uhaul on my truck right now (it's a small truck so I can't load 2 in the bed). Has 2 bikes loaded on it - was originally going to get the regular 5'x8' but the tie downs really didn't work for 2 bikes.

I picked up the bike trailer at the Warden and 401 location. Very solid, smooth and around $30 all in for a full day. Drove to Buffalo to pick up a Triumph.

1043963_10152529594657674_8167948203780105189_n.jpg

10430461_10152529594942674_690846372973887244_n.jpg

I used the uhual motorcycle trailer to pick up my bike in Barrie in the middle of winter. Never having used one before I found it relatively easy and super cheap. There were tie down spots on the trailer and a groove for the bike tires.

I picked up the bike trailer at the Warden and 401 location. Very solid, smooth and around $30 all in for a full day. Drove to Buffalo to pick up a Triumph.

1043963_10152529594657674_8167948203780105189_n.jpg

10430461_10152529594942674_690846372973887244_n.jpg

WTf, that's one smoooth driveway!!!

know where to buy locally?
Nowhere I believe, I bought one privately. I sold it for a solid axle one.

The main issue is that the trailer uses the bike as it's frame, if the tie down comes a little lose the trailer becomes unstable and starts wobbling around. The second main issue is teh ridiculous price.

They are like $400 in the UK.

The u hauls are tanks, but they all seem about ready to disintegrate due to neglect.

Back
Top Bottom