Long Weekend looking very sucky | GTAMotorcycle.com

Long Weekend looking very sucky

WHo is going where???

I'll be home doing some.....

Renovation, pun intended.
This year has all been housework for me.

Montreal...by car...definitely haven't had as much time to ride this year as I would've liked :( Hopefully fall will be warm and long to catch up on some kms!

To ride or not to ride on a long weekend in cottage country, that's the question. I have not come up with an answer yet.

To ride or not to ride on a long weekend in cottage country, that's the question. I have not come up with an answer yet.

If the weather let's you go to Niagara instead. Lots of fun areas to and from there and less congested with yuppie traffic

Rain or not heading up towards the Bracebridge area....there a few weeks ago at a cottage and have to ride the roads as I am sure it will be much more fun than when I drove them in my car

there ya go - always a silver lining. I might do some day trips as well to the north - see where the wind blows me..restless when it's so nice. :(

the blob that ate the long weekend

Last edited:
Where I'm going this weekend can only be described using broken syntax and the casual enunciation of conversational English. Pass.

I just got back from a 700 km loop through Algonquin park today as i knew i'd be busy over the long weekend. It was amazing weather, a little cool when the sun went down though but great riding under the stars in the inky black of the boonies. I went from Kingston-Tamworth-Kaladar (via Arden Rd)-Denbigh-Bancroft-Maynooth-Whitney-Algonquin Park on the 60 West-Dwight-Dorset-Haliburton-Bancroft then 62 to Bellville and 401 home to Kingston. An awesome day. Stopped at the Princess Mines rock shop in Bancroft and picked up some rock samples (I like that kind of stuff). Saw a moose in Algonquin, lots of deer around Bancroft and Halliburton, 2 large stags with full antlers in a garden in Haliburton, big flock of pheasants somewhere too. Also saw the steam boat in Dorset on Lake of Bays. Will definitely do this ride again. Algonquin is amazing.

I was going to Marietta, Ohio....plans just changed,I am taking my group to VT/NH. Sunday will be a challenge, no matter where you go.

Helping with some moving on the weekend, so that requires my truck instead of the bike, but I hope to get out at least locally for a spin. P.O.P. is 40/80/60 in SWO right now

If you are stay relatively local, today (Saturday) doesn't look too bad before the evening with the exception of the humidity. Sunday is a write off until maybe the evening and Monday looks decent (although high probability of speed traps :p lol)

today was supposed to be the start of my tour to NS but I'm getting cold feet, weather looks crap in NS throughout the week when I will be there. For now I'll slab to Ottawa and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom