Appraisal Requirement | GTAMotorcycle.com

Appraisal Requirement

chefyong

Hi,

I have posted this in the Laws/Regulations section but I am not sure if this is the correct and so I am posting this question here in the General Discussion.

Do you need an appraisal for motorcycles 20 years old and over for payment of HST prior to ownership transfer? Reason being, they do require them for vehicles (cars and suv's) over 20 years old at the Service Ontario.

Thanks

Hi,

I have posted this in the Laws/Regulations section but I am not sure if this is the correct and so I am posting this question here in the General Discussion.

Do you need an appraisal for motorcycles 20 years old and over for payment of HST prior to ownership transfer? Reason being, they do require them for vehicles (cars and suv's) over 20 years old at the Service Ontario.

Thanks

Never been a requirement for both bikes I have bought

dont' beleive so. you're paying taxes on what you bought the thing for.

INsurance might ask you for one if you're asking for theft insurance - meaning your old bike is worth something and they need to find out what that number is to give you a quote...

dont' beleive so. you're paying taxes on what you say you bought the thing for.

Fixed.

No black book values for bikes (setting the standard price). Many people have registered bikes purchased for not very much money.

Back
Top Bottom