SHOMI: Rogers and Shaw to launch a competitor to Netflix. | GTAMotorcycle.com

SHOMI: Rogers and Shaw to launch a competitor to Netflix.

Zoodles95

Site Supporter
Interesting... I could see trying this out and see if it would be worthwhile to subscribe to both Netflix and SHOMI.

http://www.shomi.com/ComingSoon

I enjoy Netflix and my wife and I debate whether to rid ourselves of Bell Express Vu.

Might try out an Android TV box and that combined with Netflix (and possibly Shomi) might be enough to get away from the traditional TV model altogether.

It will be interesting to see how good Shomi turns out to be and if it will be good enough for people to either rid themselves of Netflix in favor of it or subscribe to both services.

I read about Shomi yesterday , apparently Rogers and shaw are loosing so many customers off traditional cable that they have to respond to Netfilx, this is the evolving TV model. Bell was to partner with rogers and backed out, leaving Rogers and Shaw , which is unusual in itself. This is the future of TV.

Yet robbers continue to have crazy high costs of cable and lose customers. Weird how that works eh

As a rogers customer i'm guessing i don't get access to this as part of my package. I wont pay any extra for it. But i might give it ago.

With this and Netflix I would still save a bundle if i dropped my cable package. ($60 a month). Glad my wife pays for it.

Last edited:
so we get a "Canadianized" version of Netflix? How does this make me want flip from Netflix. Quick glance the dont seem to be offering me anything better/different?

Maybe I am just being cynical, but I expect it will carry less options due to some licensing issue and there will be some Canadian content quota and will just cost me more...

so we get a "Canadianized" version of Netflix? How does this make me want flip from Netflix. Quick glance the dont seem to be offering me anything better/different?

Maybe I am just being cynical, but I expect it will carry less options due to some licensing issue and there will be some Canadian content quota and will just cost me more...

bingo

Robbers can go to hell!

Rogers may own distribution rights on some of these shows...so you might get more... but then anything bell owns you wont get....so its not complete...

Back
Top Bottom