Alpinestars Jaws Perf Leather | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alpinestars Jaws Perf Leather

macro

Well, after owning this jacket for the last month and riding over 3000km in it, I think it's time for a review.

http://www.alpinestars.com/jaws-perforated-leather-jacket#.U_5teEuQZuY
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-jaws-perforated-leather-jacket

images.jpeg

I was searching for a jacket that was versatile, wasn't a super aggressive race cut, and was preferably Alpinestars :cool:. Went into GP on my way up north for a ride, lo and behold, this jacket was there in my size, on sale, and last one!! I'm 5'7", 155lb and the size 42 fits like a glove. First thoughts on my first leather jacket are, damn this thing is heavy, and damn this thing is expensive! But, it was too good to pass up so I walked out with it and left the jacket I wore there to pick up another day.

Right away I pulled the liner out and opened the shoulder zips. it provides great air flow on the move. Adjustment at the waist and wrists is decent. The accordion and stretch panels give great movement and flexibility. The back protector is typical garbage so I upgraded to the A* bionic when I saw one at Snow City. After having it for a while now, it's broken in quite nicely! It also cleans up great as long as you get to the bug guts early. I think this is a slightly cheaper and less aggressive version of the A* GP-R.

Pros: Full length liner, needed for a cold weather jacket especially if it's perforated leather. Very comfortable with the stretch panels, back of the collar is soft so it doesn't interfere with your helmet while tucked. Waterproof chest pocket is nice, lots of pockets inside. lockable YKK zips all around. Great airflow in the heat, and the liner does a good job of keeping you warm on the cool nights. Armour feels very comfortable and protective.

Cons: Right of the bat, why the hell are the logos screen printed? I'm spending $500 on a coat, embroider the damn things. The shoulder zips are almost impossible to feel with gloves on, opening and closing on the go is really difficult. Same goes with the pocket zips, tough to get too even without gloves. The zipper backing (the part between you and the zipper) is cloth, it lets the air right through, would be nice if it was leather. The wrist adjustments also don't fit very well under gauntlet gloves, but it might just be my gloves.

All in all though, I'm really happy with it! I would buy it again in a heartbeat. It's incredibly functional, looks great without being too race-ish and fits like a glove.

Back
Top Bottom