zx7r starting problems and tail light flickering | GTAMotorcycle.com

zx7r starting problems and tail light flickering

taxnatural

I'm a bit confused. Last week my bike was giving me a bit of problem starting....it would take me a few trys before it would start. Then Sunday morning I met up with my buddies at fairview, turned my bike off for 10 mins, then when we went to jump on the bikes and nothing, no lights, no cluster gauge, I bumped it and nothing. I tried 1 more time and everything jumped back to normal.

Now I'm able to start the bike every time with no problem, the only thing is that when my bike is idling, the headlights and taillights are flickering.

Did you check the electrical connections? Sounds like you got a bad one somewhere

I pulled the battery, looked at all of the wires to make sure nothing is exposed.

Real common problem with the ZX7 is the junction box they just go for a poop. If thats what you need dont run an buy one (they are near $200) I have a brand new one in the box I will make you a deal on. Easy to tell. If when you turn on and get nothing just turn a screw driver around and tap using the handle while trying the key is it flickers/catches check the connection if it looks good you have been bitten by the ZX7 JB gremlin :)

If it is a junction box issue, they can often be repaired. (I fixed the one on my ZX9R years ago.) Open it, you will find a simple circuit board. The break may be visible. If not, check all the traces for continuity. There are some diodes and relays on the board - check these for proper function also.

I had to replace one of the diodes in mine.

Back
Top Bottom