Toronto should crack down on loud motorcycles: Editorial | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto should crack down on loud motorcycles: Editorial

I see Lambos and Ferraris all the time on St. Clair. They are not that loud compared to straight pipes. Even the Lambo with no cats or mufflers that I test drove was quieter, at least in the car.

They pull over all kinds of people for that...

Agreed, and a lot have active valve exhausts. Designed to remain quiet at low rpms.

Actually I support this there's too many dbs running around with straight pipes and over revving. On the self serving side of things when they're checking pipes with their decibel guns they aren't pointing their laser guns at me.

Yes, because the more dangerous offender here is the loud pipes, not some ****** on a sport bike doing twice the posted speed.

Aggressive pedal bike drivers using the sidewalks are much more of a problem.
Helped an older man pick himself and his groceries off the sidewalk in May after he'd been run down by a kid on a pedal bike who looked back and didn't bother to stop and assist.
Pedal bikes should have license plates on them with the owner held responsible for any accidents.

There are a lot more serious problems out there than noisy motorcycles like the one discussed above.

I had a fat d-bag on a straight pipes hog in front of me on Kingston rd. Wanker revs the **** out of it at the lights then proceeds to ride at 50 km In a 60 km road . I made sure I got in front of the twat so the sleeping kids in the car could rest peacefully. I hate these bad arse wannabes. You know the ones.. Beanie helmet,fly glasses, goatee, no smile, gloveless with sons of anarchy tshirt..

Last edited:
Open pipe cruisers are the worst and most offensive pieces of crap noise producers around. Sit on a patio in the summer and when one of these asshats sees a crowd it's full throttle time! Whoo! Everybody is looking at me! Yeah, because you're a loser.
it's retarded and childish. Head splitting noise has gotten bikes singled out BECAUSE they are a minority. Percentage wise they are by far the worst offenders.

instead of crying about how bikes are being picked on try wrapping your head around the fact that open pipe cruisers have brought this down on ALL motorcyclists due to infantile behaviour.
i say it should have happened a long time ago.

it's too bad because a nice exhaust CAN sound great without causing nosebleeds. But morons cannot be happy until that option is destroyed too.

The fact that it is all about politics should be surprising to nobody. Our +50km seizure laws are more about videos of SS riders doing wheelies on the 401 than real safety issues.

Above said, ear splitting cruisers and SS bikes are a PITA and I have no real issue with proposed law, but I would include all vehicles with modified mufflers, not just motorcycles.

Pedal bikes should have license plates on them with the owner held responsible for any accidents.
One time I was walking down the street and some other pedestrian bumped into me. I think pedestrians should have to wear licence plates and get insurance too.

I agree 100% that the biggest offender here is the D-bags with straight pipes riding HD cruisers. But they are not the only ones. The first thing you hear when they get their bikes is "I want it to be loud". With that being said, all who ride these bikes cannot be group into the D-bag, light revving, pirate wearing fat slobs. Yes a few do ruin it for everyone but that would be like me putting all you sport bike riders into the young, dumb, inexperienced, stunt riding, speeding squids who I see crashed weekly on the 15th side rd S-turn into the same category. I have "aftermarket" pipes on my roadking. I have also had the engine upgraded along with intake, suspension, rubber and brakes. I did all this not to ride from coffee shop to coffee shop to annoy people, I did it to gain 50+ hp and improve my bikes handling and stopping powers. I ride my bike and have about 135,000km on it. The only time I have been pulled over for anything was at the FOC for a Pipe test. (96db and was free to go without warning) now if I am passing someone and gear down and get on it, that's a different animal. We are all in this together and have to stick together or the next thing these politicians will try to have banned is high HP sportbikes.

One time I was walking down the street and some other pedestrian bumped into me. I think pedestrians should have to wear licence plates and get insurance too.

Wow !
Another MENSA candidate.

How would you feel about putting front plates on your bike?

905007d1186658220-question-sport-bike-riders-r1_kjt_pakwheels-com-.jpg

Back
Top Bottom