Toronto should crack down on loud motorcycles: Editorial | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto should crack down on loud motorcycles: Editorial

I propose that everyone be entitled to whatever environment suits them. This will be strictly enforced with death penalties immediately carried out against anyone deemed to be annoying to any other at any time. That should make the world more peaceful.

I live on the 5th floor (4th story) of a condo in the Bathurst/Lakeshore area - I hear EVERYTHING, especially with the only gas station for blocks right around the corner.

A wonderful assortment of loud cars, slow and fast, big and small. An orchestra of bikes, rippin' and roaring up and down the street. Sirens like I'm at an EDM concert. And buses - I can't leave out those grumbling, humming buses, and streetcars which sound like dying whales when coming around corners.

There is occasional drone of planes at BB Airport, and the stray HOOOOOORRRNN from cruising ships.

But the absolute worst of the freaking worst - STREET CLEANERS! AT 2 IN THE F**KING MORNING. Loudest jacka**** on city streets, HANDS DOWN, NO QUESTION.

So, yes, there are a wild assortment of noise making machines on and around city streets, all which make a racket at obnoxious levels. That motorcycles are being explicitly and individually targeted is a damn shame. It's the whole "bad biker" mentality that has people with their nickers in a twist.

A cheap, simple and effective solution to get some sleep at night? Earplugs.

Last edited:
Bikes aren't the only cause though. Are they going to just ban exhaust on everything or driving after 6pm u til 6 am for everyone? Rigs, cars, planes... All make as much or more noise. ...
Yes, I understand that. I commented on the first few comments actually how they should be looking at everyone rather than just motorcycles and how this is just a vote earner thing and won't likely make it through all the way.

Another note, there is reasonable expectation of noise when you live in certain places. I.e. you live near a fire station or airport you expect to hear traffic and noise. I'm a residential area you expect to hear less of that. It's the inconsiderate people with loud pipes that are the annoyance. You can have a loud car or bike and not rev it at 1am. As you rumble through a subdivision or you can crank it if you're a prick.

Last edited:
I wonder if Toronto is also going to crackdown on Lamborghini and Ferrari exhausts, they are certainly as loud as a straight pipe Harley.

Sent an email to the dumb ***** letting her know I'd support this if she rehauls the licensing system since it seems to produce completely incompetent drivers....AND riders.

Actually I support this there's too many dbs running around with straight pipes and over revving. On the self serving side of things when they're checking pipes with their decibel guns they aren't pointing their laser guns at me.

I hate the poxy traffic helicopter that hovers over my house every morning at 6:45. I literally can set my clock by the low flying, noisy as hell, son of a *****.

油井緋色;2218877 said:
Sent an email to the dumb ***** letting her know I'd support this if she rehauls the licensing system since it seems to produce completely incompetent drivers....AND riders.

...add a licensing system that stops producing completely incompetent politicians and you got my vote too.

...add a licensing system that stops producing completely incompetent politicians and you got my vote too.

That's simple. Make them pass an iq test. The number has to be bigger than their shoe size. Would weed out several of then right there.

Usually I can't be arsed to care about loud pipes, but I was at the Mods & Rockers ride two weeks ago and goddamn was there ever a dbag move pulled. As the bike train came off the Bayview extension (south of King & River), we noticed there was a wedding party taking pics in the middle of all the condos (you know, people's homes. Stupid homes, but still people's homes). Well some hilarious halfwit thought it would be a good idea to razz the wedding party at 200 decibels while going all of 5 kmh.

Okay, okay, that's just some stupid GTAM rant right? I must hate fun or whatever.

Only guess which councillor's district King & River falls in.

Last edited:
I wonder if Toronto is also going to crackdown on Lamborghini and Ferrari exhausts, they are certainly as loud as a straight pipe Harley.

I saw an aventador being pulled over for no front plates. Exotic cars are always a target for cops and they will bust you for anything they can.

I see Lambos and Ferraris all the time on St. Clair. They are not that loud compared to straight pipes. Even the Lambo with no cats or mufflers that I test drove was quieter, at least in the car.
I saw an aventador being pulled over for no front plates. Exotic cars are always a target for cops and they will bust you for anything they can.
They pull over all kinds of people for that...

I worked in that industry for years, those owners are typically self-entitled and don't think laws should apply to them. There are good reasons for front plates.

Usually I can't be arsed to care about loud pipes, but I was at the Mods & Rockers ride two weeks ago and goddamn was there ever a dbag move pulled. As the bike train came off the Bayview extension (south of King & River), we noticed there was a wedding party taking pics in the middle of all the condos (you know, people's homes. Stupid homes, but still people's homes). Well some hilarious halfwit thought it would be a good idea to razz the wedding party at 200 decibels while going all of 5 kmh.

Okay, okay, that's just some stupid GTAM rant right? I must hate fun or whatever.

Last week at a children's ice cream stand, the owners brought ponies for the kids to pet, some fat f-ck and his old lady rode by and nailed a "BWWAAAPPP" right in front, scaring the ponies and knocking down three small kids. It was way over 110db.
This is what happens when you are a middle-aged, blue-collar type who gets ordered around all day at work, you get back at society with your bike.

There are good reasons for front plates.
And they are?

I just Googled it and all the results basically said because it helps cost the consumer money and make the government more money.

This is what happens when you are a middle-aged, blue-collar type who gets ordered around all day at work, you get back at society with your bike.

This is what happens when you bring your kids near a massive, unpredictable, dangerous animal in an public, unpredictable environment.

FTFY

Maybe I just hate horses but I've seen so many injuries and so much stupid behaviour from these animals that I really don't get why people think letting their kids hang out with them is a great idea. Then again, last time I saw some I walked up with my gf because she wanted to pet one and the lady with them screamed at us to get away from them because they can be dangerous so I guess that was one lady with some sense.

But for the most part I do feel that the guys with these crazy pipes that pull up somewhere, blast their throttle, set off a bunch of car alarms, and then walk away looking back at their parked bike as if it's awesome while everyone on the patios around them looks at them wonder wtf is wrong with them, are tools.

Last edited:
I have no issue with the noise bylaws as long as they target all vehicles and maybe even all gas powered equipment (or all ICE equipment..), so it should include lawn mowers, even old ones. On the upside it could be that new source of revenue they keep claiming they need...

As for at least one group of the loud pipe crowd, if they love the potato sound so much the simple answer is stick a couple of potatoes in the straight pipes when they are not looking...

Back
Top Bottom