Wood Stove Install - recommendations? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wood Stove Install - recommendations?

estone

Site Supporter
Oh wise GTAM - recommend me a reputable installer for a wood burning stove I'd like to have put in.

Make sure you get your chimney/install WETT certified or your insurance company will give you trouble. I was headed in that direction, but things changed and I never bothered investigating further.

Yes, will definitely be WETT certified, need whoever is going to be doing it to do that.

I'm in East end of Toronto, so Caledon might be far. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Make sure you get your chimney/install WETT certified or your insurance company will give you trouble. I was headed in that direction, but things changed and I never bothered investigating further.
Our insurance company insisted on yearly inspections, with proof that it had also been professionally cleaned every year.

not sure of your incentive to go with a wood stove, but I understand they are nothing but a hassle now given the insurance implications.

Previous owner had one in there, I like the look/smell of them and always wanted one in the home. Wanting to at least get an estimate of how much of a pain it will be to have one.

The room that it's in gets really cold, so it would be a great way to heat it.

What happened to the one that used to be there? Is anything remaining of the previous install?

If it was installed sometime after the medieval ages, it probably already has a functional liner/chimney system in place. I installed my own into an existing masonry firebox. Used a flexible stainless steel liner shoved down the existing chimney, pretty simple gig.

What happened to the one that used to be there? Is anything remaining of the previous install?

If it was installed sometime after the medieval ages, it probably already has a functional liner/chimney system in place. I installed my own into an existing masonry firebox. Used a flexible stainless steel liner shoved down the existing chimney, pretty simple gig.

Yea, I should mention - yes I have the old stove, and there's a hole in the wall, the floor for where it's supposed to stand is ceramic (maybe? It's tiled). There's also a rudimentary little outlet chimney. This is all on my one room addition at the back of my place that is used as the living room. The addition is just wood, no bricks, hence the make do chimney.

Need someone to look at the whole setup, change whatever needs to be changed, and hook up the pipes to the existing stove.

Post up some photos. I can point you in the right direction at the very least. You may already have everything you need.

Post up some photos. I can point you in the right direction at the very least. You may already have everything you need.

I just want someone who is WETT certified, to come in and do it for me. Cash, I have CASH.

Which company is that? I've never been asked to provide proof of either of those.
I can't rememebr. Pilot? Aviva? The carrier changed hands several times over the years.
Some of it may have been because it was a rural property. One hundred and sixty year old house, no fire hydrants and a volunteer fire department.

Back
Top Bottom