Disrepectful Trackday Riders- Don't Bother Coming Anymore! | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Disrepectful Trackday Riders- Don't Bother Coming Anymore!

If this guy thinks he's so awesome then why was he riding in the yellow group?

I can understand why Scott and the others didn't throw them out. Even when someone is being an *** it's hard for nice people to have to be ******** back and kick them out.

Thanks Dave- Working trackdays is a constant matter of juggling, and each person you are dealing with has a different personality and ambition than the next- so you try to be adaptable and meet people at their needs.
We did deliberate about it, and were a little torn as to how to deal with it. On one hand we could have thrown them out, but surely there would have been a contingent of riders who would express disdain for the way we handled it, and would have insisted that we were over-reacting etc. Just like the antifreze debacle at TMP, regardless of who was at fault, lots of people wanted the organizer's heads on a stick....so we decided to errr on the side of caution and allow the riders to continue if they agreed to comply with the rules.

Definitely it's impossible to please everyone, even more so with the type of attitude you were stuck dealing with.

Are the track days run by different admins than the forum. I can't even say ****, ass or ***** here, let alone tell them to piss off to their face.

Edit :eek:h wow, we can say it now

Are the track days run by different admins than the forum. I can't even say ****, *** or ***** here, let alone tell them to piss off to their face.

Edit :eek:h wow, we can say it now

I think its much easier for majority of people to click a button on the computer and ban someone than do it in person.

Wow…
This year was the first year I took my bike to the track. I bled the cooling system twice to make sure that all coolant is out. I read the rules ahead of time and prepped the bike as per rules.
Not really hard to do and it does not take much time either.

Very sad and scary to read this. Very selfish thing to do, and a terrible position to put not only other riders at risk, but to put the organizers and the host track in a very difficult position.

I've only ever done two track days, but both have been put on by GTAM. I appreciate how organized and helpful everyone running the show (at least seems) to be. Knowing I was out there running with clowns like this leaves a bad taste in my mouth after an otherwise perfect day. :(

I know both of the offenders, and let me start by stating that I completely disapprove their behaviour when it came to prepping the bike, repeatedly lying and the other offenses mentioned here. Like someone said here, there should be no forgiveness, but I also understand the discomfort of the organizers to have to kick someone out at the stage when there were remedies to be made and bike to be made safe after all.

That said, I'll contribute a bit more context to the story. Both of them are really young, in their very early twenties if even that. There is no excuse for endangering others, but we all know how invincible we all felt at that age. The sound and reason starts kicking in at a bit later in life, especially when there is adrenaline involved, which slows progress in that regard. For what it's worth, the guy is indeed pretty talented when it comes to riding, and this is not a conclusion made by the inexperienced and slow me; it is the conclusion of a few people on/off the track I happened listen in in the past 3 years. The guy was doing 1:20-21 consistent at TMP on his first ever track day a couple of years ago, and he was on the same gixxer in the picture, which didn't have these fairings at the time, on street and completely bald tires that I wouldn't ride on even in my driveway. How he managed that with these conditions---I don't know, and other people were quite impressed as well.

Again, don't flame me, like I said---I completely disapprove this and think it's unacceptable. I just wanted to share what I know for the sake of having a complete story. Also--the guy has his own small airplane and is a private flight instructor, which is impressive on its own especially at that age. All I'm saying---yes, ban the guy from trackdays or whatever measures you need to take to ensure safety of everyone else, but things like "clown", "d-bag", etc. are a little bit too much. Liar / irresponsible are more appropriate IMO.

Last---please don't flame me. Again---I'm not defending anyone; the guilty IS guilty for what they are guilty about, but not more I guess. That couple is not friends in the sense that we're hanging out together, but during the time I was still riding---we communicated at group rides and the track on occasion.

Just adding to the story here... peace out

I know both of the offenders, and let me start by stating that I completely disapprove their behaviour when it came to prepping the bike, repeatedly lying and the other offenses mentioned here. Like someone said here, there should be no forgiveness, but I also understand the discomfort of the organizers to have to kick someone out at the stage when there were remedies to be made and bike to be made safe after all.

That said, I'll contribute a bit more context to the story. Both of them are really young, in their very early twenties if even that. There is no excuse for endangering others, but we all know how invincible we all felt at that age. The sound and reason starts kicking in at a bit later in life, especially when there is adrenaline involved, which slows progress in that regard. For what it's worth, the guy is indeed pretty talented when it comes to riding, and this is not a conclusion made by the inexperienced and slow me; it is the conclusion of a few people on/off the track I happened listen in in the past 3 years. The guy was doing 1:20-21 consistent at TMP on his first ever track day a couple of years ago, and he was on the same gixxer in the picture, which didn't have these fairings at the time, on street and completely bald tires that I wouldn't ride on even in my driveway. How he managed that with these conditions---I don't know, and other people were quite impressed as well.

Again, don't flame me, like I said---I completely disapprove this and think it's unacceptable. I just wanted to share what I know for the sake of having a complete story. Also--the guy has his own small airplane and is a private flight instructor, which is impressive on its own especially at that age. All I'm saying---yes, ban the guy from trackdays or whatever measures you need to take to ensure safety of everyone else, but things like "clown", "d-bag", etc. are a little bit too much. Liar / irresponsible are more appropriate IMO.

Last---please don't flame me. Again---I'm not defending anyone; the guilty IS guilty for what they are guilty about, but not more I guess. That couple is not friends in the sense that we're hanging out together, but during the time I was still riding---we communicated at group rides and the track on occasion.

Just adding to the story here... peace out
For those reasons he feels like he is better than everyone else. Ramon is still an ******* in person and there is more than a few people that want to given him a quick shanking.

Age is no excuse. In my early twenties I could follow simple rules. Pouring coolant on the ground and saying "so" after it was pointed out that it's possible to poison someone's pet makes you a giant d-bag. Trying to sneak your way into a track day makes you an *** clown.

I'm not flaming you but to even 1/2 stick up for this guy is a bit ridiculous.

Benny, I guess you've talked more with him, my impression was that he's a pretty quiet guy who doesn't talk too much..

Dricked, I guess I missed out on some details in the thread... anyway, I was just trying to be fair, but looks like I might have been too generous. Again, I'm not in the scene anymore (for now), so some things are not so close to the heart as they used to be, my fault.

Age is no excuse. In my early twenties I could follow simple rules. Pouring coolant on the ground and saying "so" after it was pointed out that it's possible to poison someone's pet makes you a giant d-bag. Trying to sneak your way into a track day makes you an *** clown.

Most of us have a good command of the English language by grade school. You'd think he could comprehend the rules that everyone else is expected to follow. You're right on both accounts of d bag and as clown and I'm sure the majority agree with you

I wonder how the hell he maintains the planes if he couldn't be bothered with his bike. Note to self never take flight school from a guy named Ramon.

*** clown d- bag are tame compared to what I'd call him.

Betcha he gets a great reception the next day they show up to, esp with their pictures plastered here.

I know both riders personally. Been on multiple rides with both of them, used to hang out on a regular basis until recently. The immaturity has reached an all time high,to the point where I can't stand it anymore. He is probably one of the most skilled riders I know.... But also one of the most reckless people I've ever seen on 2 wheels in person. The last ride I went on with the both of them, he almost took out another rider in a parking lot by hopping a curb and missing him by a foot.. I had to hold the guy back from beating the living daylights out of him.... Starting to think I should have let it happen.

The female rider.... She's a different story. She talks as if she just as skilled as her boyfriend...the 1-2 crashes she's had every year since I've known her prove otherwise... Including one where she had to be airlifted to sick kids...

I have learned that what people call "skilled rider" in most cases turns out to be an urban legend

Back
Top Bottom