Shed | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shed

The ones at Costco seem to sell like hotcakes. Have you looked at those?

I have one of the old Royal plastics sheds. Over 10 years, still perfect. I think Gracious Living outlet still has them. Or try Vision Extrusion.

Am I the only one that went with a concrete base?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pressure treated wood alone for the base I wouldn't trust. Is it not worth the time and effort to tar it up? Concrete slab is the only way to go imho but understand it's not always feasible.
Side note: some would projects like fences, decks, gazebos look great for a while and then sadden right up.

The ones at Costco seem to sell like hotcakes. Have you looked at those?

I have one of the old Royal plastics sheds. Over 10 years, still perfect. I think Gracious Living outlet still has them. Or try Vision Extrusion.

Am I the only one that went with a concrete base?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I don't trust plastic, I could probably use a sharp knife to cut through one.

I originally wanted to do a concrete base. But I don't know how that will affect if I was to sell my house. I'm actually a better mason than a carpenter. Good luck removing a well made concrete base if you change your mind, lol

Sent from my tablet using my paws

I don't trust plastic, I could probably use a sharp knife to cut through one.

I originally wanted to do a concrete base. But I don't know how that will affect if I was to sell my house. I'm actually a better mason than a carpenter. Good luck removing a well made concrete base if you change your mind, lol

If security is an issue, then wood is the way to go. I've built at least 3 wooden sheds, with vinyl siding and shingled roofs. They are solid. Time constraints resulted in the plastic for me. Although I would think you would need more than a knife for mine.
I just use it for the mower and kids stuff.
As for the base, wouldn't a shed be of added value on resale? And if they don't like it, they can put a gazebo on it!
I'm trying to post a pic, but Tapatalk and I aren't getting along right now.

Good luck removing a well made concrete base if you change your mind, lol

It won't be too thick on a 10x8 shed. Rent a slugger saw with diamond blade, cuts like butter but resembles a chocolate bar. Effort? Sure.

Garbage shed. Roughly at property line (neighbour was ok with it). It can be disassembled without a ton of effort if bylaw requires me to move it (although the roof would definitely need at least two people due to the weight).

OnvMZh4.jpg

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling I might go with a concrete base

You can just pour pillars or stack some patio stones as pillars (that's the route I took when I built one a while back - still nice and level) and put up your wooden frame on top of them.

Edit: Just a couple of notes on the patio stone "pillars":

1) I dug some holes (well, had some help from a fellow GTAM-er who doesn't have the stomach for proper coffee :D ) and poured gravel into them to provide a level base for the stones

2) I used some PL between the stones (any construction adhesive will do). A couple of tubes made the job quick and easy

Last edited:
A wood frame floor with ventilation should last 25+ yrs with no compromise , how long do you need this thing to sit there. Price the concrete, then build a wood floor. Not damp like a slab, easier on the stuff you drop on it.

Wood=Cheesy

Most plastic sheds come with a floor that seems fine with laying direct on level ground. This stuff isn't flimsy either, it's not something you can cut or something that degrades easily. Mine looks like the day I bought it. Just offering up a perspective from an owners viewpoint.

I'm having a concrete pad done over the next few days, I think it'll be worth the extra cost. The idea of a fairly expensive Amish built shed contorting and twisting because I cheaped out on the base causes me nightmares. F it, what's a few more bucks.

I'm having a concrete pad done over the next few days, I think it'll be worth the extra cost. The idea of a fairly expensive Amish built shed contorting and twisting because I cheaped out on the base causes me nightmares. F it, what's a few more bucks.

You could vent the wood floor plus how long do you plan on living?

ypuryqeb

Edit:
Tapatalk totally deleted my post when I added the picture ?.
-didn't use rebar, based on my dad's advice so that concrete will flex. His has lasted almost 30 years, no cracks. Mine is about 12, no cracks. But did use fiberglass shard infused concrete.
-went with smooth finish rather than texture. Easier to keep clean, imo

Last edited:
One warning: If the shed is raised like on pillars, make sure to block off the sides WELL so the raccoons can't get under it

One warning: If the shed is raised like on pillars, make sure to block off the sides WELL so the raccoons can't get under it

+1 or skunks

Back
Top Bottom