Heat Warning: Tuesday 26 Aug | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heat Warning: Tuesday 26 Aug

well I now see we Canadians are wimps. just came back from Nashville tn. and the temp there was any where between 94 to 100*f and there was not one heat warning on the radio to run to a cooling station

Whats that in Celsius ?

What was the Humidity?????

well I now see we Canadians are wimps. just came back from Nashville tn. and the temp there was any where between 94 to 100*f and there was not one heat warning on the radio to run to a cooling station

They don't have to deal with - 20*C.

Sent from my tablet using my paws

by 10 am it was in the 90 and with the humidity you were soaked with sweat. the fastest way to beat it was a pool and beer :iconbiggrin:

I've worn a 2 pc that doesn't flow as much air as my jacket in 35 and was fine. When you get stuck in traffic it sucks, though.

A few years ago I stopped at Royal in Guelph to buy mesh gear as sweat was dripping out of my pant legs. Bloody miserable I tell you. Mesh gear solved that problem, but provides minimal protection at best.

Mesh gear solved that problem, but provides minimal protection at best.

Might think twice about that idea

n July 2011 Tracy Bader crashed in Montana. Riding at 110kph/65mph her V-Star’s brake line kinked, locking up the front brake. She endo’d, landing on her head, rolling a couple of times before sliding in a semi-sitting position. The bike skidded for 14 ft and then slid an additional 156 ft. Tracy slid on the road for 160 ft. Tracy received road rash on her left forearm and hands, and the usual cuts and bruises, but walked away without serious injury. Banged up she is, but without mesh gear she would have done far worse. Her Joe Rocket Cleo jacket’s armour protected her. The mesh abraded but did not melt.

TracyBader-leftforearm-2.jpg

Tracy Bader crashed in Montana, July 2011 at 110kph/65mph. Her front brake locked up and she endo'd. Her Joe Rocket Cleo mesh jacket protected her. She received minor road rash on her left forearm. Her mesh jacket abraded but did not melt.
TracyBader-frontjacket.jpg

Tracy Bader crashed July 2011. At 110kph/65mph, front brake locked up and she endoed. Her Joe Rocket Cleo mesh jacket, right arm, rear view. Right elbow abraded. Right Cuff ripped and abraded. Mesh abraded but did not melt.

TracyBader-jr-jacket-back-all-800.jpg

http://dontai.com/wp/2010/06/03/does-motorcycle-mesh-gear-melt-in-a-crash/

That's not counting the inner armor which can be at various levels of protection.

Mesh shirts are even cooler. Kid and I both have for very hot days.
Impact_Rig_SE_Black_detail.jpg

This is pure BS! Yesterday I was in Muskoka thinking it would be awesome to cross country to Lake Huron, say Bayfield, Goderich or Port Elgin for overnight and a swim. Checking TWN it's a no go, all rain for Tuesday. Well here we are suns a blazing. Of course I didn't have the mesh gear, did that couple weeks back it was 55 deg F. Argh!! Oh well, at least it'll give me time to have my Buell back together for this weekend. That's important too.:clock:

yup warm ane wet for two weeks - so much for my camping initiative.

Just give me rain for Sept 19th.. Dirt bikes are more fun when theres mud!! ;-)

btw - @3pm was just outside, downtown toronto. Light breeze. Very nice outside. Wasnt hugely humid..

They can't predict the next 2 hours never mind 2 weeks.

this ^

... I checked weather this morning before work, showed rain rain and rain, Sitting in my office I am finding the clear blue skies surprisingly depressing as I think about driving my car home :(

40% chance of rain, no one rides
0.00000000000001% chance of lottery win, everyone plays.

Guilty. Need to change that.

true, I always check % chance and more importantly accumulation, even high % chance of <1 mm really isn't an issue.

FFS.. I hope this weekend's forecast is wrong.. Aggh.

whats wrong with the forecast?
Thunderstorms then rain on Sunday. I normally hope it comes through earlier but looks like a low depression is on the forecast for a few days.

Today is beautiful though.

it will be fine. winter will be here soon. get out there and ride.

oh I have been, dont mind winter either.. I love the snow (except last year was a long winter) Got lots planned for this winter.. :)

Back
Top Bottom