Headphones while on track? (stop freaking out..I'm serious) | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Headphones while on track? (stop freaking out..I'm serious)

min 29:53 - Rupper is such a nice guy and he got hit hard on this one it seems. This is just from Marcel's perspective, I wonder why he didn't put the video of the crash
[video=youtube;-OR9wBkUP8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OR9wBkUP8w[/video]

28:40 mitch lol

Pretty sure earbuds were not the cause of the crash. Maybe women just multitask better but I find riding on the street it keeps me focused better than listening to the drone of the bike. That said, I've never ridden track with earbuds mostly since my bike is too loud and requires ear plugs.
Also, I'm not defending Marcel but you guys make it seem like you are angels during a race.

min 29:53 - Rupper is such a nice guy and he got hit hard on this one it seems. This is just from Marcel's perspective, I wonder why he didn't put the video of the crash]

Mosport is not a track to screw around on. Especially not in pro superbike. It is not a good idea to move off the line, as if something is wrong with your bike, then re-engage without checking for closing riders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosport is not a track to screw around on. Especially not in pro superbike. It is not a good idea to move off the line, as if something is wrong with your bike, then re-engage without checking for closing riders.

Maybe that is why the video was edited and the actual crash not posted

Maybe that is why the video was edited and the actual crash not posted

They talk about that at Mosport and Tremblant during riders meeting. Both are very fast tracks, if you're off pace you need to get off the line and get off the track ASAP.

They talk about that at Mosport and Tremblant during riders meeting. Both are very fast tracks, if you're off pace you need to get off the line and get off the track ASAP.

At least no one was hurt bad. Could've ended worse for sure.

Marcel had no cam on that day because it was a pratice morning, he was hit from behind and Scott (in the vid) said sorry man I drove right into you)

I listen to one earbud in durning my races , all of them, every trackday, I've run top 3 with soar guys including few members on here , I can hear around me , hear my bike, and I'm
Aware of my surroundings

Marcel had no cam on that day because it was a pratice morning, he was hit from behind and Scott (in the vid) said sorry man I drove right into you)

Scott was injured and probably still in slight shock from seeing a bike swoop from off line and park it in T8 at Mosport (the fastest turn on any Canadian track). Irnie says in the video he was on the brakes and got shot forward. You should not be on the brakes throught T8, maybe slight pressure to settle the front end but not "on the brakes". I think the culprit is clear + this is old news anyway... yawn....

It was not his second time one the track. That is simply not true. He raced there as an AM in 2010.

I don't know what caused it or why Marcel went off line and slowed down, but he did, and re-engaged the line while off race pace.

There would have been a significant difference in pace to do that much damage to his bike.

Last edited:
Instead of putting in ear buds. Why not get a helmet with speakers inside or get something like a G9 that will stream music. This way you can listen to the sounds around and the music as well. Found this extremely useful on the street. Not to sure how well this would go at a track, since the G9 sits outside of the helmet. There are Bluetooth helmets out there that can get rid of the G9.

Either way, enjoy!

because someone will come out in red and not be able to hear me when Im passsing and move over into me rather than giving the space that anyone else would.
Better than being in green or yellow and coming up behind someone and having your exhaust scare them into grabbing the brakes mid corner or they try and look behind/beside and run off the track.

About how fast he is, or how great his exhaust is. I can't tell. Not sure how it's any better though, snipes at least equated it to the topic of riders with headphones.

some people are able to concentrate their thoughts much easier than others. Some people can listen to music and operate a motorcycle at high speeed safely. But most people need all of their concentration to run their bike at the limit on the track. Just because a few people CAN listen to music and ride doesnt mean all of us should. We are all grown men and women and can make our own decisions about what our abilities are and how it will affect them. If you think it will affect your riding then dont wear headphones. If you think you'll be fine then put them in and ride your ride. But when the **** hits the fan and you dump it, or even worse take some one out, the headphones are going to be what people notice regardless of whether it was "the cause"

i like to listen to some background music while i ride, i still hear the bike, i just find the music helps things flow for me and i tend to go faster. like a soundtrack to an action movie, i dont focus on the music but its just there

Back
Top Bottom