Tim Hortons may be bought by Burger King | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tim Hortons may be bought by Burger King

China owns most of Canada and USA debt. Everything we buy is Chinese made. They already own us.

UPDATE: the hortons is now part of BK.

Now that the only religion (other than hockey) in the 'country' is not our own, the 'government' is soon to follow. IT is truly amazing this country isn't annexed by China yet (which I welcome). Then again, 'Canada' never was a real county anyway (Considering this country a true sovereign nation is vile injustice).

They're not coming here because our corporate tax rates are all that much lower, they're coming because Canada does not tax dividends from their overseas operations while the USA does.

American companies and American citizens are required to file taxes yearly on any income they make anywhere in the world, even if they don't live in the USA. We don't do that.

Learn something new everyday.

low.

I've just went freelance from my job starting my company as sole proprietor now (video production company) but damn I really need to look into incorporating or something if its lower taxes. I need to take a business course. lol

Yes you do, in the meantime find a real accountant (CA not bookkeeper) and get real advice. at the least have insurance in case your light stand falls over on a model. And find out what allowable conditions benefit your situation. There are retired business guys that work as consultants, check with your local chamber of commerce, and your region (municipality) . eg; Halton region where I live host seminars at the Milton library on a range of topics from startups to branding and writing a business plan, they usually cost $25.00 for an evening. Its worth every penny and when you collect $200.00 worth of course and seminar receipts, take it off your income tax as tuition expense. Take a road race course like pro5 and take that off as tuition expense too. A good CA saves you enough to cover his fees +++. Mine is awesome.

Yes you do, in the meantime find a real accountant (CA not bookkeeper) and get real advice. at the least have insurance in case your light stand falls over on a model. And find out what allowable conditions benefit your situation. There are retired business guys that work as consultants, check with your local chamber of commerce, and your region (municipality) . eg; Halton region where I live host seminars at the Milton library on a range of topics from startups to branding and writing a business plan, they usually cost $25.00 for an evening. Its worth every penny and when you collect $200.00 worth of course and seminar receipts, take it off your income tax as tuition expense. Take a road race course like pro5 and take that off as tuition expense too. A good CA saves you enough to cover his fees +++. Mine is awesome.

Thanks for the advice. Insurance is the first thing I set in place. Both for my gear and liability. I just don't want to risk that stuff having been a working professional for 13yrs I have seen its importance more than once.

I plan on taking time away from the doing to concentrate on getting the business side of things in order. I have been collecting a list of CA from friends I know in the industry that have had good working relationships and familiar with the business.

I need to sit down with an sort out with an expert which situation would benefit me and my business best.

Back
Top Bottom