Tim Hortons may be bought by Burger King | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tim Hortons may be bought by Burger King

UPDATE: the hortons is now part of BK.

Now that the only religion (other than hockey) in the 'country' is not our own, the 'government' is soon to follow. IT is truly amazing this country isn't annexed by China yet (which I welcome). Then again, 'Canada' never was a real county anyway (Considering this country a true sovereign nation is vile injustice).

Now that the only religion (other than hockey) in the 'country' is not our own, the 'government' is soon to follow. IT is truly amazing this country isn't annexed by China yet (which I welcome). Then again, 'Canada' never was a real county anyway (Considering this country a true sovereign nation is vile injustice).

Hopefully they turn the **** coffee around and it doesn't taste like battery acid anymore LOL.

This should help timmies expand over seas which it wasn't able to do as it is.

Then again, 'Canada' never was a real county anyway (Considering this country a true sovereign nation is vile injustice).

hqdefault.jpg

Thats true! BK is huge in Asia so might open up new shores for TH.

Well they can barely expand anymore in Canada let alone Ontario. They've over saturated the market. Same store sales have declined for 2 years. They screwed the owners in Ontario. It's harder for them to compete in Eastern and Western Canada than in Ontario. There are actually some Timmies that are unprofitable lol.

Overseas opens up new avenues for them. They are likely to choose places with the largest Canadian population saturation overseas that isn't Ammurika. Probably China it's easy to sell battery acid as a drink over there.

Edit: This is financed by buffet. This will go through.

Last edited:
Probably China it's easy to sell battery acid as a drink over there.

The only way i can drink the stuff is via double double. Its like a treat drink i would have like a hot chocolate or something. Any other coffee its just milk.

The food quality has dropped significantly since i first came to Canada to.

The good news is that this company will have a corporate office in Canada so the taxes will go to Canada rather than US. So those thinking that this is bad for Canada, it's good. We get more taxes overall.

The good news is that this company will have a corporate office in Canada so the taxes will go to Canada rather than US. So those thinking that this is bad for Canada, it's good. We get more taxes overall.

Earlier someone mentioned the move was to get out of the US tax system. I was always under the impression corporations had it easy in the US tax wise.

What is Timmies thinking? Shareholders trying to make a quick buck?
Why sell something which seems to be profitable? Greed ah tell ya

Corporate tax rate Canada 26%, US 40%:

Learn something new everyday.

If its so high then why are corporations fleeing Canada for the states? Cheaper labour and utilities I guess?

During the Last US election all that was on TV was about corporations paying their fair share in the US so I just assumed it must have been outrageously low.

thanks for the knowledge

I've just went freelance from my job starting my company as sole proprietor now (video production company) but damn I really need to look into incorporating or something if its lower taxes. I need to take a business course. lol

Learn something new everyday.

If its so high then why are corporations fleeing Canada for the states? Cheaper labour and utilities I guess?

During the Last US election all that was on TV was about corporations paying their fair share in the US so I just assumed it must have been outrageously low.

thanks for the knowledge

I've just went freelance from my job starting my company as sole proprietor now (video production company) but damn I really need to look into incorporating or something if its lower taxes. I need to take a business course. lol

Well double taxation is the same in US as in Canada so you can pay yourself more and less in taxes so a lot of people prefer that in US. I channel all monies through corporation. Also, there is slightly more over regulation in Ontario and Canada. A lot of companies are moving to places like Texas where they have de-regulated most industries.

The big wigs for BK say it wasn't for tax purposes and they only pay about 20% tax in the USA to begin with... I call bull*hit on that all day long. I have to agree with one other gentleman that mentioned here that those Chicken Sandwiches are pretty good, haven't had one in a while but if I can get a Large DD with it that's made by Tim's I may start going back.

Who the heck believes what the media reports? Seriously, if the tax haven is canada, wouldn't we see American companies flock here????

Anyways, it's not really a big deal. I'm a little surprised since the Wendy's experiment didn't go quite as planned. Tim's seemed to flourish well on its own while Wendy's took a dive.

BK brand is nothing to look forward to. Or maybe that is just the lack of marketing the last few years?

thought this was funny!

2014-08-26.jpg

Back
Top Bottom