wow glad I had Nexus | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

wow glad I had Nexus

It's starting to get very frustrating using Nexus when returning to Canada at Pearson. When heading into the US there are about 40 Global Entry kiosks which you never have to wait for. When returning to Canada there are 3 iris scan kiosks and 2 are out of order. The line up for Nexus is longer than going through the regular lanes. Then you get people who don't know how to use the scanner and you stand behind them listening to "please step back, please step closer, please move to the right". Nexus is supposed to make the process quicker but when returning to Toronto by air they are failing miserably.

Edit. Instead of just complaining here I went to the CBSA website and gave them my feedback as well.

Last edited:
Nexus has been hosting some "open houses" around the GTA, Toronto convention center had one, you show up with valid passport, birth cert and some other photo id, marriage cert if you did that and fast track the whole process. Might be worthy looking at for anybody wanting in.

Appears this was a one time thing and only available to participants in the 'IncentiveWorks' trade show back in August.

http://www.incentiveworksshow.com/nexus-enrollment-blitz-at-the-show/

Anyway, I got my Nexus pass last week. It was a few days after my Labour Day weekend trip to PA, doh! The funny thing was, there was ZERO line up going down to the US on Friday afternoon, and again ZERO line up coming back into Canada on Monday afternoon. Both times at Peace Bridge. So, it wouldn't have saved me any time at all. Going the other way however, backed up for miles.

Maybe it's the higher US $ that is keeping Canadians away from travelling to the US (and encouraging Americans to come here).

Good tip about the Lewiston bridge MacDoc. How far back is the previous exit off the 190?

Good tip about the Lewiston bridge MacDoc. How far back is the previous exit off the 190?

Not sure what you mean by previous exit. The 190 goes into the bridge so they back up way down it.
The exit from Lewiston or Military trail on to the bridge is very close to the Timmies.

I was thinking you could possibly save time by getting off at the last exit before the bridge and then hopping back on (and right into the Nexus lane). Looks like that is Exit 25A (NY265 / Military Rd).

But it might be too late at that point on a really busy day? I don't know. Looks like the previous exit is 24 (Witmer Rd / NY31). Looks like if you turn right on Witmer you can cut over to Military Rd from there. Only about 3 miles up to the bridge.

Military Rd parallels the the highway all the way to Buffalo. Lots of exits.
There is a traffic app or link somewhere in the thread that shows real time traffic at Lewiston.

Military Rd parallels the the highway all the way to Buffalo. Lots of exits.
There is a traffic app or link somewhere in the thread that shows real time traffic at Lewiston.

Also military road has Chili's and olive garden should you need to pitstop :thumbup:

Interview has to be at a point of crossing, so unless you're flying out of Pearson it's probably going to be Niagara Falls, NY. Can't remember exactly, but the process was either three to four months start to finish.

Definitely worth it, don't know how I travelled without it. Crossed at Fort Erie tonight in about 15 minutes. That was just the time I was stuck on the bridge, once I got past the bridge I rode straight up to the Nexus booth, only one person in front of me.

I just got my Nexus, and the process took me 2 months exactly to the day, plus a week to wait for the card. Most of that time is waiting for them to process your online application. When I got my notice that it was progressing, their scheduling system said it would be about a 2 week wait for my interview at YYZ, or next morning at the Niagara Falls, ON office. I got there about 30 minutes early, they took me in immediately, and was finished before my interview was even booked to start.

Then it took maybe a week or so for my card to come in.

Still haven't used it though. Hrmph.

Back
Top Bottom