keyless fuel cap? | GTAMotorcycle.com

keyless fuel cap?

starboy869

anyone here using a keyless fuel cap? If so which one? How do you like it?

This winter i'm switching my key switch to a keyless (home custom build). However my idea is be pure keyless except the helmet lock.

My bike is a 93 vfr and it's probably close to being last on the list of being stolen.

Besides the security issues, most of them are not sealed all that well - not against fuel coming out, nor against rain coming in. For a street bike, I wouldn't do it.

I believe the newer Vortex caps have a little latch tab to prevent the main cap from coming undone while riding (as long as you don't also accidentally trip the latch tab), that is a better design.

Thank you. This might put a hamper in my plans.

I wonder if it's possible to remove the key section and replace with a push button of sorts?

This is correct, it's a coarse thread though, fine for a trackbike, not sure how it would perform in a lonter term downpour. Decent quality, not cheap, but be careful with the Chinese ones.

Besides the security issues, most of them are not sealed all that well - not against fuel coming out, nor against rain coming in. For a street bike, I wouldn't do it.

I believe the newer Vortex caps have a little latch tab to prevent the main cap from coming undone while riding (as long as you don't also accidentally trip the latch tab), that is a better design.

Just break the lock in the stock cap so anything can be used to open it....and a folding tab and you're set.

I do. I have an Accossato cap, and no issues. Haven't read of any leaking issues either.

I've had $25 chinese gas caps on my last three race bikes. No leaking problems. Ymmv

I have a Driven one on my track bike. Seals amazing and the way it locks in place is satisfying to do. Open close open close lol. Mind you it was also $140.

What's wrong with using the key to open it? Strictly laziness or are you a professional racer.... :race: "Pit Stops Brahhhh"

used one on the Duc on the street because of frequent fuel ups. Worked fine. Don't cheap out on one if you'll use it on a street bike. track bike, you're ok with most alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom