Gone off cable TV | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gone off cable TV

Yes, precisely... Sorry to anybody confused, that was the part I mentioned about him getting the tuner box from his brother. We have a basic cable account and Rogers gave us the little box for free. $35/mo I think, my wife's old account.

and yes, bummer about how most new tv's have the digital tuner but they won't work. I hate Cable boxes, I wish I could just plug in the cable and get all the digital channels. They change channels so slowly, the only advantage of them is the Guide being built in.... and even then, some Tv's have support for that I believe.

Only way to get one is from someone that has an account for basic cable with rogers to order one for their household. They're starting to track these little guys.

The reason you're losing channels is they're flipping the switch from analog to digital, and even if your tv has a digital tuner, it's not THEIR digital tuner. Matter of time before someone figures out a better workaround, and the dance continues.

You know that taking the filter from a cable box marked with criminal warnings is considered theft because you're essentially stealing cable... Right?

I've never witnessed a cable company try to prosecute, they would rather try to sign you up. This is what happened when I worked for a cable company even when the person caused an outage for another customer.

Yes, precisely... Sorry to anybody confused, that was the part I mentioned about him getting the tuner box from his brother. We have a basic cable account and Rogers gave us the little box for free. $35/mo I think, my wife's old account.

and yes, bummer about how most new tv's have the digital tuner but they won't work. I hate Cable boxes, I wish I could just plug in the cable and get all the digital channels. They change channels so slowly, the only advantage of them is the Guide being built in.... and even then, some Tv's have support for that I believe.
My 3 year old Samsung TV has full guide and info support from the HD signal on the OTA antenna on my roof. Slapped that bad boy on there and haven't looked back. Most important sports events are on the networks anyway, so it solves most of the sport broadcast problem (for me).

My 3 year old Samsung TV has full guide and info support from the HD signal on the OTA antenna on my roof. Slapped that bad boy on there and haven't looked back. Most important sports events are on the networks anyway, so it solves most of the sport broadcast problem (for me).

I have always wanted to try one but don't know anybody that has one in London. Would love to know about the coverage. Down at the lake (Long Point) would be great for US coverage from Erie I bet.

I have always wanted to try one but don't know anybody that has one in London. Would love to know about the coverage. Down at the lake (Long Point) would be great for US coverage from Erie I bet.
Tvfool.com

Enter your postal code and height of antenna, you'll get a good idea what's available to you.

did they stay at a Holiday Inn Express the night before?

probably... current would flow the easiest/shortest path to ground and that path would not be your TV

probably... current would flow the easiest/shortest path to ground and that path would not be your TV
I don't know what voltage is in a lightning but let's assume it's 200,000v. Not a fraction of voltage will make it to the TV?

I've never witnessed a cable company try to prosecute, they would rather try to sign you up. This is what happened when I worked for a cable company even when the person caused an outage for another customer.

Knew a guy that worked for a rogers contractor and they wanted to fire him but couldnt because of union etc. They ended up sending an inspector to his house and found the filter missing. He got charged under some communication/wire tap law and fired. The charge was actually a pretty big one too. From what ive heard though they dont even use filters anymore anyway.

Knew a guy that worked for a rogers contractor and they wanted to fire him but couldnt because of union etc. They ended up sending an inspector to his house and found the filter missing. He got charged under some communication/wire tap law and fired. The charge was actually a pretty big one too. From what ive heard though they dont even use filters anymore anyway.

thats different, they went looking for things to get rid of him... and there's no proof that he took the filter so i call ********. When I worked for a cable company prosecution would be rare partly because it would be difficult to prove (sure the wires hooked up but who hooked it up?) and there's more money to be made signing them up than prosecuting. One of the perks I had when working for the cable co was free tv (all channels), can't say it is the same across all companies but I knew of other companies that provided the same deal to their employees (they would rather you buy a dish).

All analog channels now gone.....even trolled us by making two of them the fish tank channel. Lol

All analog channels now gone.....even trolled us by making two of them the fish tank channel. Lol
Really? Haven't looked

Back
Top Bottom