Gone off cable TV | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gone off cable TV

PM me or text me the contact please, thanks chris! oh and how much did you pay for it?

Ill post up the info in the morning.

She sells them out of the Whitby area, but i think she travels as well to other areas.

Cost is $150, and you can watch new/old movies, any tv show imaginable, every sport you can think of and most PPV.

Sure as someone said you can build one blah blah blah .. i want it for my tv though and not a computer. Im not tech savy ..

I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to this stuff, I like plug and play (need plug and play). I looked at Roku3 today , 109.00 at bestbuy and its supposed to be very user friendly and better option than appletv . Google/sony looked interesting but I really wont net browse with it, probably wont use 85% of the possible apps, Netflix and movie streaming would be about it. The picture quality I'm getting over the air and the satellite quality is ahead of cable, and content is pretty good, I'm not feeling second tier experience at all. There was so much crap in my cable pack, I was viewing 6 of 180 channels.

Out of all plug'n'play, chromecast is probably the cheapest and quite easy to use.

I opted chimney clamp (I have a brick chimney) , no holes in the roof or house, extremely secure, easy to remove if desired.

Xbmc and mashup...thats what i run on the android box

Ive been having a hit or miss with mashup lately.

for movies I've had good luck and quality with Icefilms

TV i tend to use 1channel (not live)

got mine from a guy in Kitchener for $150 pre programmed with a bunch of apps.

Download the xbmc app for the iPhone and it makes it pretty sweet to navigate (especially keyboard searches)

Watched UFC last night and the jays game today live on my android box. HD? Nah, but also not $10,000 over a decade

I can't seem to get any jays game to work with the android box

Tired using sports devil and mashup

what link do you use?

I can't seem to get any jays game to work with the android box

Tired using sports devil and mashup

what link do you use?

Sportsdevil > atdhe

I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to this stuff, I like plug and play (need plug and play). I looked at Roku3 today , 109.00 at bestbuy and its supposed to be very user friendly and better option than appletv . Google/sony looked interesting but I really wont net browse with it, probably wont use 85% of the possible apps, Netflix and movie streaming would be about it. The picture quality I'm getting over the air and the satellite quality is ahead of cable, and content is pretty good, I'm not feeling second tier experience at all. There was so much crap in my cable pack, I was viewing 6 of 180 channels.
If I were you I'd look into an inl3d or a little black box. You have to order these things online to get to those "illegally ontained" channels

Ill post up the info in the morning.

She sells them out of the Whitby area, but i think she travels as well to other areas.

Cost is $150, and you can watch new/old movies, any tv show imaginable, every sport you can think of and most PPV.

Sure as someone said you can build one blah blah blah .. i want it for my tv though and not a computer. Im not tech savy ..

Lol you don't have to be tech savvy to plug an hdmi cord from your pc to your TV whilst running xbmc on it. And as I said these boxes are for those who don't have a computer nearby.

I'm surprised she's selling it for msrp of the inl3d.she could be charging 200 bucks just for dragging and dropping plugins onto the box.

We told Bell to pound salt last Dec. Switched to Teksavvy unlimited and XBMC on the laptop and a dollar store obtained HDMI cable.
I will save $2000 this yr compared to last yr's Bell net/tv bill.

I will save $2000 this yr compared to last yr's Bell net/tv bill.

exactly what is driving me. That's a Caribbean vacation for being slightly inconvenienced by waiting for a channel to lock in. I'm getting Velocity channel on my FTA satellite , its pretty decent.

Here is her contact info ;

Cindy Yealland 416 527 2199

She sells them out of Whitby, but talk to her and see if she goes further than that.

exactly what is driving me. That's a Caribbean vacation for being slightly inconvenienced by waiting for a channel to lock in. I'm getting Velocity channel on my FTA satellite , its pretty decent.

is your FTA dish hardmounted, or is it on a motor?

I cut cable over 5 years ago. Invested in a Mac mini for $600 and a huge antenna and signal booster $200 (hidden in my attic). Unlimited Bell internet is $100 a month. Running xbmc so you get 1channel, ice films, navi-x, sports devil, etc. I have netflix cdn and usa. I also use it to log into work. NBA league pass is $149 a season. Best decision ever.

I should be out riding.

OP Good decision to ditch cable. Eventually this antiquated broadcasting model will have to change. The only thing cable is useful for these days is real-time sports which you can still watch online either via paid subscription or free and crappy quality/connection. I stuffed a cheap antenna behind the TV by the window and it picks up maybe a dozen channels which is all I need to catch news or random programming.

I'd like to know too. Anybody?

If the chimney is old (i.e. has cracks, cement falling out from in-between the bricks), do not attach your antenna to it - you have a good chance of antenna and the chimney going down on a very windy day.

We ditched cable a year and a half ago. It was hard on my husband at first but now we have adjusted and don't miss it at all. We have a good cheap package with teksavvy for internet $40 month. Bought the cheapest laptop at Costco. Hook it up to the TV and steam everything and anything we want to watch. Also got rid of home phone and each have an unlimited plan with wind $35 a month. Saving tons of money this way.

So this morning I added a WD TV media steamer from best buy for $99. I looked at chromecast and slingbox/ google/ apple TV and this device works as a stand alone and has much faster response times than Roku which was my first choice. The nerds at best buy recommended it over needing my phone as remote or having a laptop/pc sitting by the TV.
The setup was literally minutes and the access to links for tv and movies is outstanding. I'm very happy at this moment.

This basically sums up our telecommunications companies

[video=youtube;TaH9DHLqaeg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaH9DHLqaeg[/video]

For those interested in the media streaming in boxes, they just released a patch where you can watch a **** load of live tv now .. just got the email this morning.

Back
Top Bottom