Gone off cable TV | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gone off cable TV

I'm not emotionally invested in my house either, its where I live till the next house. I like my neighbors , they are particular about their property, as am I. Time is money, he booked to be here at 2, I called at 3, he was on his way. He showed at 5:30pm and stayed till 11:35pm when I told him go home. I would setup the remaining TV's . He was slow, I assumed that meant fastidious, seems its just means slow. He did not care about my house at all, I think his level of install is ok at 95% of his customers. It was lax and unattractive. But I spent a few hours on a ladder and its all happy now. Its not optimal , but I wont be here in 5-7yrs and it wont affect resale as it will be removed prior to listing. He was French. Someday someone will send me a cable/phone/IT guy that owns more than a hammer drill and a blunt flathead driver. I've had electricians / plumbers/ Hvac guys on other properties we have that did clean tidy work. Nothing like these wire stringing wanks. Professional indeed.

Slightly off topic, but reminds me of the time I was trying to get Rogers cable internet installed at a low-rise apartment. The first two guys showed up and left right away, claiming the access point was on the roof (it wasn't, it was on the side of the building) and they couldn't get to it. The third guy that showed up was ridiculously pro. He was done in about two minutes, and graciously neatly stapled the cable along the baseboard for me (wasn't his job or his problem... but he was probably happy I didn't want him to touch any computers). He had some neat toys.

I dont know what life would be like with a lower tier tv than what I have.

I always thought the same thing. Then we had another kid. The tv is on Treehouse all the time, even when he's not watching it, and I just started doing more productive things with my time. Or sleep.
May join the others in this thread when he outgrows Treehouse. My oldest doesn't even watch tv anymore, it's all YouTube for him.

I have unlimited internet and no cable for years. Read my news online, stream anything from my computer to my TV with PS3 Media Server (designed for PS3 but it works on a smart tv too). It will stream direct to anything with a wifi connection. No AppleTV or Android boxes for me.

https://www.facebook.com/INL3D

This is the android box i have.

I can watch any movie, tv show, PPV etc. Ive only had mine for 2 months and still learning new **** about it.
I'm intrigued, sick of paying over 200 a month to rogers.

So to set it up, connect wirelessly to your modem, HDMI from teh box to your tv then what?

Is there a tv guide to browse through the channels and movies ?
How do i find the tv shows i want to watch?
How do i watch netflix on it? is there an app installed?

Thanks

I'm intrigued, sick of paying over 200 a month to rogers.

So to set it up, connect wirelessly to your modem, HDMI from teh box to your tv then what?

Is there a tv guide to browse through the channels and movies ?
How do i find the tv shows i want to watch?
How do i watch netflix on it? is there an app installed?

Thanks

Yep, actually the person selling them lives up the road from Jay.

You connect via wifi or hard connection via hdmi input to tv.
You wont need netflix as it has everything netflix has plus tons more. The person selling them gives you a demo on how to operate it.

Yep, actually the person selling them lives up the road from Jay.

You connect via wifi or hard connection via hdmi input to tv.
You wont need netflix as it has everything netflix has plus tons more. The person selling them gives you a demo on how to operate it.
PM me or text me the contact please, thanks chris! oh and how much did you pay for it?

It's probably easier to just post the info. I have WDTV Live in the garage. It sucks, looking for a replacement.

Just buy one off alibaba for $50 and program it yourself by watching youtube videos

It's the Vodka. I don't do business with foreigners period. When I had a quote to replace my windows, a guy from the Czech Republic gave me the estimate. Sounded way too low. Said thanks and good bye. If someone comes by that doesn't speak English without an accent, they don't get my business. Too many foreign dead beats.

I just reported you instead of arguing with a racist. Hopefully you'll get a nice long cooldown.

me too please
If you've got a decent laptop or computer near your TV. Download xbmc and learn how to add plug ins to it. No need to spend that money unless you want one around the house on a TV not near your computer.

All these are are xbmc boxes. You could build one yourself for pretty cheap or you could just use your pc

If you've got a decent laptop or computer near your TV. Download xbmc and learn how to add plug ins to it. No need to spend that money unless you want one around the house on a TV not near your computer.

All these are are xbmc boxes. You could build one yourself for pretty cheap or you could just use your pc

Xbmc and mashup...thats what i run on the android box

I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to this stuff, I like plug and play (need plug and play). I looked at Roku3 today , 109.00 at bestbuy and its supposed to be very user friendly and better option than appletv . Google/sony looked interesting but I really wont net browse with it, probably wont use 85% of the possible apps, Netflix and movie streaming would be about it. The picture quality I'm getting over the air and the satellite quality is ahead of cable, and content is pretty good, I'm not feeling second tier experience at all. There was so much crap in my cable pack, I was viewing 6 of 180 channels.

Back
Top Bottom