Gone off cable TV | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gone off cable TV

The new add on has ESPN, ESPN 2, TSN 1, TSN 2, NFL Network, Sportsnet Ontario, CHCH (Local News), Cartoon Network .... plus there are a ton of 24/7 live channels for a ton of shows (i.e. Two and a Half Men, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarch

Come over on Saturday and we can check it out

So which system is required for this? I'm really interested in dumping cable.

So which system is required for this? I'm really interested in dumping cable.
Download xbmc on your computer, learn how to put addons, find the good addons and you'll be set.

Or buy any android box like an inl3d or the little black box and you'll also be set.

Download xbmc on your computer, learn how to put addons, find the good addons and you'll be set.

Or buy any android box like an inl3d or the little black box and you'll also be set.

Thanks!

No problem. I recommend if you're on a budget and you've got a decent laptop or a desktop that is placed near your TV, just download xbmc instead of buying the box. The box is merely for convenience. Just have an HDMI handy if you take this route.

If you're a little more tech savvy you can get a raspberry pi and get xbmc for that.

For those interested in the media streaming in boxes, they just released a patch where you can watch a **** load of live tv now .. just got the email this morning.
Does it have live news? I have a media box but honestly have no idea how to use it. Can this patch be downloaded? What is it called?

Question: don't you have to compromise the security of your device to get it to run Kodi?

Thanks guys. Installed xbmc with the suggested add-ons here. I don't know if it will completely replace cable but I will definitely be using it in my basement theater.

Does it have live news? I have a media box but honestly have no idea how to use it. Can this patch be downloaded? What is it called?

Yes, it can be D/l'ed .. I havent looked into any further but believe you can get Chch live news. I saw Breakfast television on there as well.

Ok so this thing is freaking awesome. My wife is a tough customer and even she is almost on boar to get rid of cable.

As an example, I was about to pay rogers 20 extra dollars to be able to watch "La liga" on bein tv and it is one of the channels on live tv.

You can find all the movies, all tv shows about 30 min after they air and there is the Live TV add on.

Could not be happier so far.

Ok so this thing is freaking awesome. My wife is a tough customer and even she is almost on boar to get rid of cable.

As an example, I was about to pay rogers 20 extra dollars to be able to watch "La liga" on bein tv and it is one of the channels on live tv.

You can find all the movies, all tv shows about 30 min after they air and there is the Live TV add on.

Could not be happier so far.
You get a specific box or did you just download xbmc?

Convincing other people is a hard thing to do. It's unfortunate because this is amazing and can save people a **** tonne of money.

I'm all ears. Want to hear more. Specifics.

Okay, got it. Thanks.

Being newly retired, I've got to get control of unnecessary expenses.

Got the same box as Inferno and banned boy, had it for about a week now pretty happy with it, the live tv was what i wanted most of it.

Tonight i can watch any Uefa cup game that was played today, quality is ok.

I have to figure out how to use the PVR feature though, as when i watching most of the British tv due to the time change the programming choices are pretty bland.

Rogers will be getting a GFY email/letter from me soon.

If you don't want to spend $150 on the android box, you can get a Roku 1 for $60 at future shop. It's not compatible with xbmc but it can do Plex which has many channels including Let Me Watch This (same as 1channel on xbmc) which has any show.

The only problem with this is paying more to get an internet package without a data cap.

How much are you streaming? Teksavvy gives me 300 GB daytime and unlimited through the night and I have trouble getting close to the cap. Now if you are with one of the Robelus 20 GB plans (which I thought they had finally ramped up to 100 GB or so), your comment makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom