Used 2011 Ninja 250, good or bad deal? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Used 2011 Ninja 250, good or bad deal?

Matty8

In the market for my first bike and im hoping someone can advise me on this potential purchase I'm looking at.

2011 Ninja 250.
43,000 km
Bike is in good condition, clean not dropped.
Tires changed at 40k
Valve adjustment at 30K
Oil at 40K
Says he did most of the maintenance himself

He's asking $3200. My biggest concern is with the number of KM's on it because I will most likely put on lot more myself, and resale will be hard. Should I hold off for a better deal, especially this late in the season, or go for it?

UPDATE:

So after shopping around I realise that was a terrible deal and im glad I came on here to ask around. I found another one that I could use some advice on:

2009 Ninja 250
5-6 previous owners, no maintenance records from any but current owner
16k km
2 New Pirelli Tires, new chain and new front and rear sprockets. Oil and filter change done in last 200km.
$2500

I feel like the history on it is a bit sketchy, and the KM's higher than I would like but a decent price. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Heh, exactly what I offered him, he was appalled lol. Is it the KM's that make you uneasy? I know that's what it was for me.

I wouldn't pay that with that much km. I got a 2011 cbr250 for $2500 with less than half the km. Good condition as well.

Heh, exactly what I offered him, he was appalled lol. Is it the KM's that make you uneasy? I know that's what it was for me.
It's partially the kms (many 250s exceed 100,000kms) but many kick the bucket around the time requiring the engine swap.

It's also because the 300 is out now and that's the future of entry level cc riding now. 250s will become obsolete ergo the value goes right down. Hell you can probably find decent 300s for that price.

This guy is out of his mind if he thinks he's gonna get that money for a bike with that many kms. He's probably mad he bought it brand new and is trying to scrounge for all the money he can get back from it.

Edit: my advice is if he doesn't budge with a price adjustment to under 26 or around that area. Move on. You'll look back and won't regret it when his ad is still up early next year because people aren't dumb enough to spend that money on the bike

Last edited:
This guy was appalled you offered him 2800 on a 250 with 43000 kms? delusional, and probably not worth dealing with.

That 2nd ad is much more reasonable.

The 300 has been out since 2013, has significantly more power, slipper clutch, and can be had for $4500 or less.

This guy was appalled you offered him 2800 on a 250 with 43000 kms? delusional, and probably not worth dealing with.

That 2nd ad is much more reasonable.

Yeah dude that's much better try getting him down to 27 and you've got yourself a good deal.

Awesome, thanks for the help everyone. I'll probably check out that bike tomorrow since its very close to my house as well. I think it's for sale by a dealer though, so I'm not sure how much wiggle room I will have, if any.

Cheers.

I JUST sold a 09 with 6200km cert, new battery and literally without a scratch on it for $2800 last week.

Back
Top Bottom