Newb Question Regarding Motorcycle Stands | GTAMotorcycle.com

Newb Question Regarding Motorcycle Stands

haaaz1

Hey Guys,

first season on a sport bike and I am starting to piece together some winter storage items. My question is regarding stands, are all SS stands the same width and dimensions i.e. universal for all SS makes?

Lurking through kijiji I found a set of Hindles that look like good value for the money.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

No, some are adjustable while others come in different sizes. Make sure it fits your bike or just get the adjustable incase you switch bikes in the future

Measure from spool to spool, call the guy and ask if they fit. Handle stands are a good value.

The hindle stands are pretty good. You just bend the rear to make it fit your bike.

I've learned that our local shops are really good. Theyll help you out. Just go online or give them a call if you're not sure.

I got a stand set in Pickering(Kapscomoto)for this winter it was cheep 70 bux branded venom i hope it holds up! Seems ok.

i had cheap stands, sold them and got pitbull, well worth it.

you can find them used on kijiji every once and a while but really they dot loose much value over new...$180 new +tax each so around $150 used.

I got stands from Dave at Competition Cycle and he charged me $80 for adjustable stands.

i had cheap stands, sold them and got pitbull, well worth it.

you can find them used on kijiji every once and a while but really they dot loose much value over new...$180 new +tax each so around $150 used.

Thanks for the all the input,

picked them up on Sunday and fit just fine. I did some research prior and I would have loved a set of Pit Bulls but the extra cash just didn't make sense. For 80 bucks, if they last me a season or two they will have paid for themselves.

From your experiences with the pit bulls, what makes them stand apart from the rest?

Build quality is second to none. When u prop the bike up on the stand(s), it feels planted; unlike some of the other brands that might move and feel unstable.

picked them up on Sunday and fit just fine. I did some research prior and I would have loved a set of Pit Bulls but the extra cash just didn't make sense. For 80 bucks, if they last me a season or two they will have paid for themselves.

From your experiences with the pit bulls, what makes them stand apart from the rest?

Build quality is second to none. When u prop the bike up on the stand(s), it feels planted; unlike some of the other brands that might move and feel unstable.

this, and the big thing was i just put new OEM plastics on my bike so i could change the colours of it, i went to take it off the crappy rear stand, the bolt broke making the spool drop out of its stand holder, bike fell off the rear stand i managed to grab the bike and pull her back up with no damage to the bike or fairings but i broke my finger squeezing the cowl because of the way i grabbed it.
fingers heal, plastics that are 20 min old arent getting scratched up....
my bike never went on those stands again.

i didnt buy new stands just for cleaning the chain, in all honesty my buddy has pitbulls i could borrow anytime i want or just work on it at his house. over last winter i took the bike apart to do maintenance and install a few mods so i wanted her up on stands, as well as i was getting new tires put on so i accounted for me taking the rims to the shop is $40 for the tire change, them pulling them off is $120 i think, maybe $140 so i put that into the cost of the stands, i bought bran new front and rear, ya it was $400 but well worth it, you get what you pay for.
right now ive actually just picked up a used pitbull front hybird stand, i think my other buddy is buying it off me because he wanted a set, i just couldnt pass up a $180 stand for $80 that was 3 blocks from me. so he will need a pitbull rear, and also im looking for another front and rear set for myself, im trying to pick up another project bike for this winter.

I wouldn't trust my bike on a cheap stand if I left it outside for a prolonged period of time. Inside a garage or shed maybe.

Swingarm stands are good, its my first season with them but not sure how much more difficult it'd be to pull out the tire with it

I have front and rear Pitbull stands for my bike. My swingarm doesn't have a place for spools, so I had to buy the paddle lift style. The stands are expensive, but my bike is big and heavy and plastics for it are hard getting hard to find. I'm very happy with my purchase.

all sport bikes would use the same rear stand with spools, my pitbull can even lift without spools.
but if you were asking me its a honda 600rr

I was going to suggest an svracing paddock stand, but they don't seem to make them for the gsxr (or Honda for that matter).

Back
Top Bottom