Street bike on the track? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Street bike on the track?

Two people is ideal. Push the bike as far up the ramp as you can and grab the front brake, the second person in the bed of the truck grabs the bars and brake from you, walk around to the back of the bike and push the rear wheel up while the person in the bed pushes and controls the bars. Very easy as long as the second person is 1/2 way capable of tying their shoes.

This is how I got my bikes into my 3/4 ton. Damn I love my trailer.

Does the ramp hook at the top?

You can load it by yourself. I always have. Larger pickups are a pain in the ass however. Your insurance does not cover you on the track. You bin it you are fixing it on your own dime.

It is very very addicting.

I think I have self control in that aspect

Does the ramp hook at the top?

No it's just a folding aluminum ramp. Strap the ramp to your hitch to prevent it from moving. To unload, have your helper stand on the right side of the ramp and grab the front brake when you get it as far off as you can while your in the truck, jump down, take the bars back and control the bike with the front brake.

No it's just a folding aluminum ramp. Strap the ramp to your hitch to prevent it from moving. To unload, have your helper stand on the right side of the ramp and grab the front brake when you get it as far off as you can while your in the truck, jump down, take the bars back and control the bike with the front brake.
Ok thanks. I'll look at some YouTube videos too

It's pretty much an urban myth. I've been going to the track for about 10 yrs now and never seen it, nor has anyone I've ever tracked with. However everybody has heard this story.
Agreed. And insurance companies don't know your plate number since it isn't required when signing up.

Who leaves their plate on at a track day anyway?

People that get their picture taken by Statefarm reps who spend their weekends sitting outside in the heat taking pictures of people in hopes that they will catch them in insurance fraud and have to cancel their policy and lose money on their portfolio.

How did you guys load a bike on a ramp? Let's say I rent a van or a truck? Do I need 4 guys?

Pay no attention to Dricked; he doesn't know what he's talking about. :D

These guys have it down:

[video=youtube_share;vLkVIWvf6I4]http://youtu.be/vLkVIWvf6I4[/video]

I'm actually curious too. I've never had the time to do it.

How did you guys load a bike on a ramp? Let's say I rent a van or a truck? Do I need 4 guys?

Here's a Youtube DIY:

[video=youtube;z2EfBPgwi8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2EfBPgwi8E[/video]

Back
Top Bottom