V-rod, M109r, what other power cruisers are out there? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

V-rod, M109r, what other power cruisers are out there?

That really makes no sense, especially since in North America, we have no "strict" emissions tests. In Europe, the R9T has Euro3 approval with air cooling.

Water cooled engines simply control heat better to allow for more power output, EFI and Catalytic converters deal with emissions.

Have you heard of California ?

Just an update. As of yesterday, a new vivid black Night Rod Special is on order, should get it within 2 weeks. What can I say, I like Harley Davidson...

Just an update. As of yesterday, a new vivid black Night Rod Special is on order, should get it within 2 weeks. What can I say, I like Harley Davidson...

I say you are getting a bike you like with a well developed high performance twin engine. Congratulations. :D

Looking forward to some pics. Does this mean you have moved on from Sportsters????

Yes, the Sportster was part of the trade.

That really makes no sense, especially since in North America, we have no "strict" emissions tests. In Europe, the R9T has Euro3 approval with air cooling.

Water cooled engines simply control heat better to allow for more power output, EFI and Catalytic converters deal with emissions.

The issue is one of lean tuning to meet emissions which will only become more strict. Lean engines run hot, hot engines wear faster, that's why AC engines will be a thing of the past soon enough in favor of WC. HD, Ducati, BMW, all known for their iconic air cooled engines, and all will soon be dropped due to emissions standards and the need for lean tuning. Cats need a lean mixture to work/meet emission standards.

The other issue is noise level standards and WC engines run more quietly than AC engines due to the water jacket.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom