V-rod, M109r, what other power cruisers are out there? | GTAMotorcycle.com

V-rod, M109r, what other power cruisers are out there?

DJM

Site Supporter
I have an itch for big, brutish power. Seriously looking at a Night Rod, but found a Suzuki M109r for half the price. Don't like the Rocket III though. Are there any other manufacturers that make a similar genre bike?

My dad and his wife had v-rods until he got a road glide. Those things haul some serious *** and can be made to be pretty comfy. Also, IMO they look waaaaay better than the 109.

Triumph Rocket III is what you need.

M109R is an amazing bike

Diavel is amazing

Check the classifieds ....my friend is selling his diavel

Reason.... Bought a new 2014 one

Yamaha warrior 1700, beast mode of a bike and sexy too

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Diavel destroys the competition it's not even close.

I still think I'd take a V-Max though, the V4 is retarded.

vmax, diavel or rocket 111. all are a handfull that will pull your shoulders out of there sockets.

or a quick trip to the hospital if the blacktop ends!!!

OK, have a better idea now on the options, thanks.

Love my vrod . The best engine out there .

Love my vrod . The best engine out there .

At least it was a really great engine until HD got a hold of it and added 70 (!!!) pounds of dead weight metal so it "looked" right in the V-Rod.
Eeesh. Was originally an engine for a Buell race bike, consigned from Porsche. Once HD added the 70 pounds, Buell just dropped it, as it was no longer a viable race motor due to the excessive weight.

At least it was a really great engine until HD got a hold of it and added 70 (!!!) pounds of dead weight metal so it "looked" right in the V-Rod.
Eeesh. Was originally an engine for a Buell race bike, consigned from Porsche. Once HD added the 70 pounds, Buell just dropped it, as it was no longer a viable race motor due to the excessive weight.

Thanks for the history lesson .

The engine is still fantastic and pretty well bullet proof .

Cool story Bro! Did you read this in Grimm's Fairy Tales or Alice in Wonderland?
I could be wrong but my understanding is that the original design was in house H-D and Roush Racing finished the design, mostly the top end. The bike was built for American superbike racing as the VR1000 and was campaigned for quite a few years achieving moderate success but was always a bit down on power finally being retired in 2001.

I've got a Rocket III and nothing compares. I also had an M109R for 5 years before I got the rocket. Much higher quality machine. Great balance. Has more power then you ever need, especially with hauling a passenger, its effortless.

I've got a Rocket III and nothing compares. I also had an M109R for 5 years before I got the rocket. Much higher quality machine. Great balance. Has more power than you ever need, especially with hauling a passenger, its effortless.

Until you get used to it, then just a little more............ :D

Triumph thunderbird is a nice ride compared to the rocket.

Back
Top Bottom