Asphalt sealer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Asphalt sealer

professor

Every morning I'm off to work in the dark. So it wasn't until I left this evening I was pulling out of my driveway to see I had oil spots from my work truck. The old POS had been leaking all over.
My question is has anyone used a good sealer that has hidden the oil spots? If so what kind? I see mixed reviews on pretty much everyone I look up.
I'm assuming the oil with penatrate through, but if it's a little more subtle I'd be happy with that.

Thanks

Whatever you do don't use an engine degreaser, lol

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Years ago I used an oil spot pretreatment from Canadian Tire or Home Depot, not sure. Didn't show through after sealing it.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Years ago I used an oil spot pretreatment from Canadian Tire or Home Depot, not sure. Didn't show through after sealing it.
Great thanks. Didn't know they had that. And the sealer used ?

Yes, I've seen those in stores. Slipped my mind

Great thanks. Didn't know they had that. And the sealer used ?

I just did the prep work, all the neighbours had a guy coming to seal, so we used them. I'm always worried about the overlap marks from the diy, although I think it does look better and is more durable.
As for the oil spot pre treat, I'm thinking Stone Mason was the brand, or Knight. But just guesses.

I just did the prep work, all the neighbours had a guy coming to seal, so we used them. I'm always worried about the overlap marks from the diy, although I think it does look better and is more durable.
As for the oil spot pre treat, I'm thinking Stone Mason was the brand, or Knight. But just guesses.
Great much appreciated

Haha a few years ago I did an oil change in my KTM SMC at my GF's house. Her father just sealed the driveway. I dropped a tiny bit of oil on the driveway. It was already dark, so I hoped he won't notice in the morning and I would buy that "oil lift" liquid from canadian tire the next day before he gets home from work. I show up the next day, and half the driveway is covered with black oil. I freak, thinking somehow my few drops somehow spread out. I scrub it for hours to no avail. He gets home and tells me he saw the drops and dumped my simple green on my spill. Unfortunately, I finished the simple green and I put my old oil in that jug :)

Haha a few years ago I did an oil change in my KTM SMC at my GF's house. Her father just sealed the driveway. I dropped a tiny bit of oil on the driveway. It was already dark, so I hoped he won't notice in the morning and I would buy that "oil lift" liquid from canadian tire the next day before he gets home from work. I show up the next day, and half the driveway is covered with black oil. I freak, thinking somehow my few drops somehow spread out. I scrub it for hours to no avail. He gets home and tells me he saw the drops and dumped my simple green on my spill. Unfortunately, I finished the simple green and I put my old oil in that jug :)

Lol.. When it comes to using a sealer, the OP is about the only scenario I'd actually recommend that stuff (unless I owned a paving business and then I'd recommend it to everyone ;) ). I had good results with using an absorbent to lift the worst of the oil, then blasting with a pressure-washer and finally sealing up the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom