Air hawk seat ,good or bad? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Air hawk seat ,good or bad?

For ***** and giggles I put my airhawk seat under my beadrider today and rode 700km up north and through algonquin park and back. No problems! Felt pretty good actually!

or ***** and giggles I put my airhawk seat under my beadrider today and rode 700km up north and through algonquin park and back. No problems! Felt pretty good actually!

That's probably a decent combo just from a physics standpoint. The undercushion conforms to your bodyshape and the beadrider spreads the load evenly preventing the cushion from compressing in any one spot plus keeping the airflow.
Certainly would lift the seat height.
I find the beadrider sinks into my seat so not a lot of variation in height ...maybe 1/4" tho makes it a tad wider.

That's probably a decent combo just from a physics standpoint. The undercushion conforms to your bodyshape and the beadrider spreads the load evenly preventing the cushion from compressing in any one spot plus keeping the airflow.
Certainly would lift the seat height.
I find the beadrider sinks into my seat so not a lot of variation in height ...maybe 1/4" tho makes it a tad wider.

I was looking for a bit of extra height too for some different knee bend ergos on the bike. My biggest problem for long distance riding isn't my ***, it's my knees. Have to say I think I will keep the combo on for long distances, once I had the position of the airhawk worked out (not too far forward, not too far back) it was really very comfy indeed and the bead rider did it's job too.

On a related note I got some lowered footpegs by Knight Designs in the post today. They look really well made and they make them for many models. Drops my pegs down about an inch compared to OEM. they are wider too. Will report back once I've fitted them.

On a related note I got some lowered footpegs by Knight Designs in the post today. They look really well made and they make them for many models. Drops my pegs down about an inch compared to OEM. they are wider too. Will report back once I've fitted them.

I was going to recommend getting highway pegs to stretch your legs out. I find my highway pegs are great to stretch out a leg at a time not just for the knees, but also to help with the butt cramps -- it's great having multiple positions to put ones legs, as Rotten Ronnie will attest to (at least his pictures do).

I don't know about the ground clearance with the Triumph you ride, but I've read that V-strom riders with lowered pegs all of a sudden had peg scraping issues in tight corners.

I was going to recommend getting highway pegs to stretch your legs out. I find my highway pegs are great to stretch out a leg at a time not just for the knees, but also to help with the butt cramps -- it's great having multiple positions to put ones legs, as Rotten Ronnie will attest to (at least his pictures do).

I don't know about the ground clearance with the Triumph you ride, but I've read that V-strom riders with lowered pegs all of a sudden had peg scraping issues in tight corners.

I've got a set of crash bars I still need to fit so I may have some other options for foot positions after that. The pegs I ordered don't have "feelers" on and they come down as low as the feelers on the OEMs. I'm not a habitual peg scraper so they should be fine. The actual drop is more like 3\4 inch so nothing too drastic but I read that even a small difference like this could make a big improvement.

Hm, any ideas on strapping it down?
Re: Canadian Tire Gel seat - The gel inside the cover is designed like a waffle. Make sure that you face the open waffle portion face down, otherwise it will fill up with water when it rains. I opened it up, cut it down and re-stitched the seams to make it better match the profile of my seat. To strap it to the seat, you can use some velcro or a plastic buckle commonly found on knapsacks and cinch it tight under your seat. Before I did this, I would use it under a fitted sheepskin seat cover. Here's a post from another forum that may help you.

I no longer use the sheepskin seat cover or the gel pad, because I prefer a good aftermarket seat to a temporary fix, yet at around $10, the gel pads are well worth the experiment for anyone not sold on spending dollar$ on a touring seat.

Hm, any ideas on strapping it down?
The one I have has a little flap at the front which I put under the seat and it stays on fine.

Yep - the ones in CT now all have a flap instead of carry handle, and it is held in place between seat and the tank.

It can still move around (for me, that's a bonus), so if you going to be hanging of the seat a lot, it could be awkward... but then again, you won't worry about seat comfort at those times.
By being so flexible, I can re-position it on the fly. I often push it forward so it adds padding to back and sides of the tank... sometimes I fold it over (adds height) or flip it all the way onto the tank, and I lean on the tank... Changing positions for me is the best way to fight fatigue on really long rides.

Back
Top Bottom