Ok .. who was trying to outrun the OPP this morning? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ok .. who was trying to outrun the OPP this morning?

0-60 in 6.2 seconds vs your average sport bike doing 3 seconds
LOL... until the rider hits a curve and ends up in the ditch. Failentino Rossi FTW.

If i were a cop sitting on 360 hp in my new work paid for toy... I'd look for ANY reason to chase down someone... and get paid to do it.

Brb, applying to police academy.

Don't forget line of sight for the helicopter...the further the bike gets ahead...the higher the chopper will go so he maintains line of sight (as he is on radio to ground units)! EASY BUST!!!

The chopper will out run 99% of the morons trying to run from it on a public road :rolleyes:

Let's not forget the obvious. .. helicopters don't face curves or need to dodge traffic... very easy to see where the rider is going from above.

real life isn't gone in 60 seconds. Go baby go!

tumblr_lsm0v3xALg1r3gup8o1_400.gif

Let's not forget the obvious. .. helicopters don't face curves or need to dodge traffic... very easy to see where the rider is going from above.

real life isn't gone in 60 seconds. Go baby go!

For people who actually have done it and know what they're doing the "chase" is over in less than 60 seconds...

I don't think Monsters are supposed to run from cops either... these things are geared quite low.

Better luck with your next bike.

Unless you get an ecu reflash then the low end goes and the high end comes... :)

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

LOL... until the rider hits a curve and ends up in the ditch. Failentino Rossi FTW.

If i were a cop sitting on 360 hp in my new work paid for toy... I'd look for ANY reason to chase down someone... and get paid to do it.

Brb, applying to police academy.

Be nice. The person your chasing pays the cops wages. Just saying.

I have, and even my CBR650F can do 90-100km/h in first, but that doesn't mean I'd run. I just liken the whole running thing to chancing a get-away vs much larger charges. If you were doing 160 when it up I do understand the reasoning, but if you were doing 20 or so over in a straight line, there isn't much else they could hit you with than a minor speeding ticket (and if they did, things would likely get thrown out in court).

Arguably the whole running thing just baffles me 9 times out of 10, as I liken to it shooting someone in a robbery gone bad...sure if you get caught now you're a murder...but hey, no witnesses.

Anyhow just my 2 cents, which often differs from popular views on GTAM on topics like these.

You crack me up...now tell us about your turbo power bike.
Paul1000RR wants to race you. I need more info as to whether to wager on you or not.

You crack me up...now tell us about your turbo power bike.
Paul1000RR wants to race you. I need more info as to whether to wager on you or not.

Turbo powered bike? Does it shock you that a non-SS sports bike that makes 85-90hp can hit those speeds? If so, then you really need to get out and ride more...either that, or you must own a cruiser. :p

I also fail to see how stating the max speed around redline in first has anything to do with racing.

Last edited:
油井緋色;2216161 said:
I believe, though I could be wrong, they need to radio it in and ask for permission. Some cops don't even bother to radio it in because they know if they chase while you run, and you freak out, you'll kill yourself in the process.

There's more of a chance of them not chasing than chasing. And rmb, you can't write a story on something that doesn't happen so we only hear about the ones that get caught.

You're wrong, once it becomes a "pursuit" (any kind of vehicle), they cannot chase. The radio wins most of the time regardless... They can't chase bikes or cars, Helicopter and plane can and will locate you.

You're wrong, once it becomes a "pursuit" (any kind of vehicle), they cannot chase. The radio wins most of the time regardless... They can't chase bikes or cars, Helicopter and plane can and will locate you.

Did you read the regs posted under the Police Services Act above in this thread?? Feel free to point out to those with lesser reading comprehension abilities where it prohibits a pursuit?? Not sure why the media reports on pursuits that result in a crash if police are not permitted to pursue?

A helicopter/plane can ONLY locate a runner IF they are in the area if the YRP chopper is up in Keswick it is going to be of NO help in a pursuit in east end Markham

Did you read the regs posted under the Police Services Act above in this thread?? Feel free to point out to those with lesser reading comprehension abilities where it prohibits a pursuit?? Not sure why the media reports on pursuits that result in a crash if police are not permitted to pursue?

A helicopter/plane can ONLY locate a runner IF they are in the area if the YRP chopper is up in Keswick it is going to be of NO help in a pursuit in east end Markham

But can request assistance from its neighbouring community with its chopper, Air1 from Durham.

..., but if you were doing 20 or so over in a straight line, there isn't much else they could hit you with than a minor speeding ticket (and if they did, things would likely get thrown out in court).

and any costs associated with your working to have them tossed is on your dime. If you get the 172, you still had the suspension, paid the tow/impound fees, all the while the courts find you not-guilty after the fact :rolleyes: Rumour is some people can turn this into a great pension program

though i am not condoning it, it makes me understand why some people elect to run, besides the possibilities of paper work infractions, plate issues,..

IF I were a copper today, and not when I was, (we used to pursue bikes all the time of the bikes weren't as powerful and all our cruisers were big honking V8's). I wouldn't pursue a bike today. After all, even if they committed a serious infraction the likelihood of them crashing and dying are much greater, (not nearly as much traffic back then either), plus today everyone "thinks" they are Rossi..lol

Plus then of course the forums would be filled with tears for the rider and condemnation for the copper, because of course it is always the police fault when a runner crashes and dies, and the rider has NO responsibility.

Personally I will never run, because 1 I don't ride in ANY manner that would get me even close to 172 nor do I have mods etc, and all my paperwork is in order. 2. Because I plan to be around a while longer yet....lol

Back
Top Bottom