Ok .. who was trying to outrun the OPP this morning? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ok .. who was trying to outrun the OPP this morning?

infernobuster

Site Supporter
401 Eastbound, around 830 am near Morningside.

Looked like a black Ducati Monster .. being pursued by a new Tauras SHO OPP. You had no chance in hell on that one.

And yes i know .. cool story bro.

401 Eastbound, around 830 am near Morningside.

Looked like a black Ducati Monster .. being pursued by a new Tauras SHO OPP. You had no chance in hell on that one.

And yes i know .. cool story bro.

Cops are not supposed to 'chase' motorcycles... wtf...

I don't think Monsters are supposed to run from cops either... these things are geared quite low.

Better luck with your next bike.

I don't think Monsters are supposed to run from cops either... these things are geared quite low.

Better luck with your next bike.

I believe they are geared really high. I have one and can never get into sixth gear unless you do over 130kmh. That's why alot of owners change sprockets .But I agree shouldn't be running from opp in a monster lol panigale yes lol

Where did you get that information?

I believe, though I could be wrong, they need to radio it in and ask for permission. Some cops don't even bother to radio it in because they know if they chase while you run, and you freak out, you'll kill yourself in the process.

There's more of a chance of them not chasing than chasing. And rmb, you can't write a story on something that doesn't happen so we only hear about the ones that get caught.

油井緋色;2216161 said:
I believe, though I could be wrong, they need to radio it in and ask for permission. Some cops don't even bother to radio it in because they know if they chase while you run, and you freak out, you'll kill yourself in the process.

There's more of a chance of them not chasing than chasing. And rmb, you can't write a story on something that doesn't happen so we only hear about the ones that get caught.

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/laws/regu/o-reg-546-99/latest/o-reg-546-99.html

Here's the information. Basically the police won't chase for a non criminal offence and the will take into consideration public safety. There's no rule that they cannot chase a motorcycle. If that was the case every criminal would have a motorcycle as a getaway vehicle

people seem to think bikes are faster than helicopters and radios -- I'm not saying people can't run, but I am saying some who run do get caught....and good luck riding/driving again afterwards (or working in some cases due to having a criminal record).

What makes it funnier is when someone gets lit up with a no point or 2-3 point ticket, then proceeds to run turning it into a criminal (fail to stop) offense, as well as a 172 if they plan on actually attempting to get away.

people seem to think bikes are faster than helicopters and radios -- I'm not saying people can't run, but I am saying some who run do get caught....and good luck riding/driving again afterwards (or working in some cases due to having a criminal record).

What makes it funnier is when someone gets lit up with a no point or 2-3 point ticket, then proceeds to run turning it into a criminal (fail to stop) offense, as well as a 172 if they plan on actually attempting to get away.

Have you ridden a modern 600ss or 750?
Have you ridden a 1L SS ?

I have heard those 1L SS can hit 160 km/h in 1st gear.

Yeah but when you pull over for what you think is a simple no point or 2-3 point ticket and they slap you across the face with a 172 or a careless charge. You'll think differently the next time.

V6, 3.5 or 3.7, some have turbos and 360hp.

Yeah, that would do it. Monster tops out at 220ish while the Taurus keeps accelerating.

So it's Trained Defensive Driver vs. Renegade Monster Rider

Make your bets.

Back
Top Bottom