ALS Ice Bucket Challenge thoughts | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge thoughts

Does any one else feel that most people who are actually doing this challenge are doing it for the wrong reasons?

Absolutely! So sad to see people just 'jumping on this bandwagon' :( If 'challenged', I wouldn't do the bucket dump. However, if I feel to donate to any cause, I will.

I would like to see exactly what percentage of the donations actually go to ALS research.

Same crap with all these charity events.

Anyway, this is what I love about it

[video=youtube;ByuY2oLmZJQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByuY2oLmZJQ[/video]

so after this weekend and several people I now posting more and more youtube videos of them doing the challenge, I'm not buying that they know anything more about ALS than they did last week, hopefully they are electing to make a donation.....

The whole thing is starting to feel just a little like this....

[video=youtube_share;t4ZGKI8vpcg]http://youtu.be/t4ZGKI8vpcg[/video]

I was nominated too but I don't let social media dictate where my donations go so I'm ignoring it. If you do it, great, if you do it to actually donate rather than be guilted into giving, or for your e-fame, even better.

There are tons of charities trying to earn donations. Some are run well, some not. Some have a better marketing strategy. Some not.

Seems like some people like to point out the things that are wrong. That's cool. It helps keep things honest.

I was one that was inspired by my daughter's challenge. I donated and did the challenge and it caught on with my coworkers across the country.

Did they all raise awareness and learn more about ALS? I'm not sure. But for me, it was a lot better than the door knockers I get or phone calls I get or the store clerk at the supermarket or liquor store hitting me up on a regular basis.

Will the donations make a difference? Will the funds go to salaries of executives working in a nonprofit business?

Maybe.

I tend to see the upside and not dwell on it too much. Life is too short.

I imagine that youtube is really liking this ********.We support the red cross and occasionally the salvation army.in the event of a real disaster they are the first at the scene as best as i can tell.

"life is short", but its even better when you can get suckers to pay your way through it.......

I'm going to start my own charity. Check out what the ALS CEO and CFO "earn".

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/als-ice-bucket-challenge-do-you-know-what-you-are-supporting/

$300k salary, while definitely more than I will make this week, really isn't that off base. Many corporate CEO's make significantly more. If a CEO and a company's senior management bring value that warrants their pay, I say good for them.

The "non-profit" context of the organizations could be cited, but consider they are employees like many of us and have performance expectations that dictate their compensation just like many of us. The organization they work for is a charity, not them.

Do I agree that there are some CEO salaries that are just way out to lunch, like the ones making $xx millions a year? Sure, it feels inequitable, but that is for shareholders and stakeholders to sort out...

I guess at heart, I am a capitalist :D

$300k salary, while definitely more than I will make this week, really isn't that off base. Many corporate CEO's make significantly more. If a CEO and a company's senior management bring value that warrants their pay, I say good for them.

The "non-profit" context of the organizations could be cited, but consider they are employees like many of us and have performance expectations that dictate their compensation just like many of us. The organization they work for is a charity, not them.

Do I agree that there are some CEO salaries that are just way out to lunch, like the ones making $xx millions a year? Sure, it feels inequitable, but that is for shareholders and stakeholders to sort out...

I guess at heart, I am a capitalist :D

$300 K salary for managing such a small organization (measured by the total number of employees) is probably more money than what the CEO of Scotiabank makes (based on size of the organization, measured by total number of employees). And a bank is truly a capitalist organization.

It was quoted earlier. 7 percent goes to research. Thats pathetic.

Until one of my relatives was diagnosed with ALS, I had no idea what it was. This promotion is indeed creating awareness, but I wonder how much of it will really go towards research and RESULTS.

Back
Top Bottom