Headlights... learn how to operate, please. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Headlights... learn how to operate, please.

Yes! It's disturbing how many people do things the opposite of what I would do in any given situation. There's something strange going on for sure.

This is becoming a huge problem. In the past couple of years I have seen this unsafe phenomenon grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drive a brand new jeep, if i want my lights on I turn them on - works every time and I don't need help from the factory to do so.

Being a certified luddite I'm particularly sensitive to these issues, so even after accounting for the immigrant factor, I can relate. The day I can't buy standard transmission, roll up window, manual light switch car will be the day I buy a slushboxed, power windowed and autolightson car.

Try seeing it out here in the sticks where there aren't street lights. Yet Joe clueless still just cruises along...

I take offense to your "Joe" reference.

It amazes me... No really it doesn't, people are stupid.... How many cars I see on my way to work in the morning with only their DRLs lit up. A moron I work with hasn't figured out the headlights on his Elantra yet... I have told him dozens of times to turn on his headlights but he hasn't figured it out.

You always work with morons, lol

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Honestly he's the only one I work with who is useless. The rest of my team is quite competent.

Is he the same guy that solicit people to buy in his lottery? Lol

And what's with the serious lack of signalling? It takes so little effort to flick the switch where your hand is probably already resting, and still it isn't done.

I know that since I started riding I'm hyper-aware of idiots, and the things I do when I'm caging, but not indicating seems to be the new norm.

And what's with the serious lack of signalling? It takes so little effort to flick the switch where your hand is probably already resting, and still it isn't done.

I know that since I started riding I'm hyper-aware of idiots, and the things I do when I'm caging, but not indicating seems to be the new norm.

I saw two drivers last week who signaled opposite than their intention, i.e. they signaled left and changed lanes right. How incompetent do you have to be to not even know how to signal left or right?

I saw two drivers last week who signaled opposite than their intention, i.e. they signaled left and changed lanes right. How incompetent do you have to be to not even know how to signal left or right?

Probably fighter pilots

He probably deploying the art of deception. Maybe a reader of "The Art of War"

He probably deploying the art of deception. Maybe a reader of "The Art of War"

Found it:

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt"...

Found it:

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt"...

Lol, Sir, you need a girlfriend

Many cars come with HIDs in reflectors- my IS300 had them- and the cutoff and beam were excellent.
Putting projectors in housings doesn't automatically give you good lighting.

Riders with high-beams on at night and refusing to lower them to oncoming vehicles should get a mention as well. Can't count how many times a rider has blinded me both in the car and on my bike.
Especially bad are the cruisers with the double high-beams. Saturday evening we went to mosport to visit some vrra friends and even on 10th line between track entrances were blinded by a numpty cruiser rider.

HID's in reflectors should be flat out illegal, absolutely no different than driving with high beams on.

Regarding not driving with headlights on and only DRL's: my wife's Audi lights up the instrument cluster no matter if the lights are on or off. Hers doesn't have auto headlights so you have to turn them on manually when it gets dark. My car has auto lights, and only turns on the instrument cluster lights when the lights are turned on. More than once I've driven her car with no lights on just because of instrument cluster being on and me assuming the headlights were on also. Such a stupid 'feature' on a car. And I've noticed this phenomenon quite often with other Audi drivers as well, so I'm not the only dumbass.

I've been guilty of not turning the lights on when I'm in the truck. My car has automatic lights so I don't even think about it. But, it's never been pitch black, just dusk. And as soon as someone flashed me I realized what I'd done. Creature of habit (for good or bad).

Riders with high-beams on at night and refusing to lower them to oncoming vehicles should get a mention as well. Can't count how many times a rider has blinded me both in the car and on my bike.

That reminds me - anyone know of an inexpensive way to alter headlight position when a truckbed is fully loaded? Sometimes when I'm driving at night with a very heavy load everyone thinks I have my high beams on and I get flashed by almost every car; I feel like a dbag and hate doing it so I try to avoid driving at night like this, but other than load-balancing air suspension (which costs a fortune) how can I adjust my lights properly for those short periods of times when I need to?

Why not just have the lights com on automatically, in this day and age I am sure all car manufacturers could implement the device that would turn your headlights on all by themselves

I put my switch on the Auto position, and like magic they turn on when need be and turn off when not required....

Problem is the dumbasses here that dont figure they cant be seen in a thunderstorm, foggy day or a snowstorm because they are relying on their "Auto" lights to come on. I manually turn my lights on/off as needed because I am a responsible driver with concern of my well being . I dont want to be hit from behind because the guy behind me doesnt see me when lighting isnt any good.
Too many people rely on these "drive by wire" systems - I've heard of people not using side mirrors when changing lanes because their car has a "lane warning system" if there is another car there..
Driving a car and getting a licence is too easy here and cops seem to prey on the easy tickets (speeders) rather than the bad drivers. I better stop before I keep on ranting. ;-)

That reminds me - anyone know of an inexpensive way to alter headlight position when a truckbed is fully loaded? Sometimes when I'm driving at night with a very heavy load everyone thinks I have my high beams on and I get flashed by almost every car; I feel like a dbag and hate doing it so I try to avoid driving at night like this, but other than load-balancing air suspension (which costs a fortune) how can I adjust my lights properly for those short periods of times when I need to?

You can get bags that fit inside coil spring or on top of leaf spring that you can fill with air to assist the load handling. Ride-rite among others makes them. I had a set installed in my Jetta when it was loaded up to go camping.

Back
Top Bottom