Interim councillor calling for 'O Canada' change | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Interim councillor calling for 'O Canada' change

As far as God existing, I'm not trying to convert anyone,
I'd just like them to think long and hard on the subject,
rather than dismissing it out of hand with a curt statement of opinion,
the way this subject has been.

I cant speak for Ashkan but I can assure you i have considered my position of the subject and will continue to evaluate new arguments and evidence when presented.

You can't use English anymore. You have to use a language that everyone speaks. There exists a segment of the population that does not speak English and you must be more inclusive of them. The use of English excludes them unfairly.

As far as anthem lyrics, they should be changed to anything any politician wants because CHILDREN. And as long as it is never played in B.

Technically, the whole anthem needs to be changed to avoid "outraging" people. For example:

"Our Home and native land" - technically, it belongs to Natives so it really isn't ours. And what about immigrants who weren't born here at all. Oh, the outrage!

"all thy sons command" - oh the outrage, THE OUTRAGE!

"God, keep our land" - a total dismissal of those that don't pray to any God or a God that goes by a different name. I can hear the tears flowing from the outraged people.

Also, the anthem excludes those that are deaf so we risk outraging them simply by having music with it. And what about the mute? We are excluding them by merely having words.

In all seriousness, the only way we can make our anthem all inclusive, is to boil it down to a simple fart since it's the bodily function we can all do. Problem solved.

Or it could just stay how it is and if people don't like it they can get the **** out and go live elsewhere. This is ranked right up there with those that are offended by merry christmas. None of this crap should be on the agenda when onterrible and canada have the issues to deal with that they do.

You can't use English anymore. You have to use a language that everyone speaks. There exists a segment of the population that does not speak English and you must be more inclusive of them. The use of English excludes them unfairly.

As far as anthem lyrics, they should be changed to anything any politician wants because CHILDREN. And as long as it is never played in B.

VERY well said

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Technically, the whole anthem needs to be changed to avoid "outraging" people. For example:

"Our Home and native land" - technically, it belongs to Natives so it really isn't ours. And what about immigrants who weren't born here at all. Oh, the outrage!

"all thy sons command" - oh the outrage, THE OUTRAGE!

"God, keep our land" - a total dismissal of those that don't pray to any God or a God that goes by a different name. I can hear the tears flowing from the outraged people.

Also, the anthem excludes those that are deaf so we risk outraging them simply by having music with it. And what about the mute? We are excluding them by merely having words.

In all seriousness, the only way we can make our anthem all inclusive, is to boil it down to a simple fart since it's the bodily function we can all do. Problem solved.

True

Or it could just stay how it is and if people don't like it they can get the **** out and go live elsewhere. This is ranked right up there with those that are offended by merry christmas. None of this crap should be on the agenda when onterrible and canada have the issues to deal with that they do.

Be careful or you will be called a "bigot" like i was for enquiring if refugees make more then seniors on pension..

Guess what?

A family of 3 refugees do get paid more then my 2 retired parents get paid.

I just hate idiots try to solve a non-issue like this. Waste of everybody's breath. ******* retarded. Send her to to Afghanistan to improve women's right there. That is a real issue. I am sure she will pee her pants there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we should just go back to God Save The Queen?

Back
Top Bottom