Bless you? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bless you?

Goes in tight!

I say "No thank you" when some knob says that **** to me. Keep that crap out of schools. Good on the teacher.

"the outburst was a classroom distraction and that she shouted "bless you" across the room"

Nothing to see here. Move along now.

First of all baring swearing or abusive language and some possible other exceptions teachers cant control what kids say. Especially religious or political speech within reason (Could still move into the abusive spectrum). Rightly so as this is protected speech.

Second "Bless you" isnt a christian saying it may have religious roots but it said by a wide verity of people (including me an atheist) in response to a sneeze. She also had a list of other phrases that were bannd and this is the only one with any religious connotation and from what it seams. This is hardly any evidence of a far reaching anti-christian conspiracy. Like the story said it may have been causing a distraction and by that i mean kids may have been yelling it really loud across the room at each other. Having been in high school i'm sure we all know kids do whacky stuff like that to annoy teachers we don't like. On the flip side if the teacher was trying to ban religious speech on the basis of she does not like it. Then she needs to be disciplined. Just like what happens when Christian teachers abuse their power and force their beliefs on their class although in the bible belt it takes allot to of courage to speak out against it as its way more common.

Christians are a majority in the US and their idea of persecution is when people call them out for giving their faith special privileges. For example Christian only invocations at town meetings, Ten commandments displays at court houses, school lead prayer, religious based banners in secular schools... the list goes on. Stop screaming persecution when you are the most privileged majority. Governments and their employes (including teachers) on all levels should be secular (in their official dealings) because it promotes true freedom of speech and religion and puts all the religions and expressions of non-religious on the same footing and under the same protections.

Last edited:
I say "No thank you" when some knob says that **** to me. Keep that crap out of schools. Good on the teacher.
Along with religious freedom, apparently common courtesy, grace, and good manners are also banned.

I say "Bless You" to Muslims and they say "Thanks". Just courtesy.

If the student was being disruptive, no matter what they say, that's one thing. But if "Bless You" is banned as the white board suggest, that's stupid.....oh that's on the white board too.

Wonder what that teacher does in December at Christ Mass time?

and more over reaction...
http://www.wsfa.com/story/26319685/...ter-writing-threatening-message-on-assignment

Last edited:
Wonder what that teacher does in December at Christ Mass time?

Probably the same thing everyone else does. Statistically speaking she's probably some kind of Christian we don't know the teacher and board will be staying mum on this as per their policy.

Or maybe she's like me and says happy Saturnia or enjoy your solstice! :p

I had a librarian back in grade school who said the same thing. Didn't get mad and kick someone from the library. She did this to get you to realize that not everyone may take that as a polite saying. She also didn't want us using the word "like" to describe something and would make you think of another way to describe a word or object.

I still say God Bless you if someone will sneeze, and haven't crossed paths with Robp just yet it seems. I'd probably tell you to go F yourself if you turned around and gave me a rude reply to someone trying to be considerate.

"National Geographic reports that during the plague of 590 AD, "Pope Gregory I ordered unceasing prayer for divine intercession. Part of his command was that anyone sneezing be blessed immediately ("God bless you"), since sneezing was often the first sign that someone was falling ill with the plague."[SUP][7][/SUP] By 750 AD, it became customary to say "God bless you" as a response to one sneezing"

giphy.gif

I'll say bless you when I see rainbows comin' outta unicorns' butts.

Student in Alabama got suspended for saying bless you in class. Seems like "religious freedom" doesn't apply to Christians :rolleyes:

Maybe he was confused and doing it like this?

[video=youtube;5oqcG1Ws5FE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oqcG1Ws5FE[/video]

Wow, people have an issue if someone says "no thank you"? Why not say "bless you" every time someone farts, or coughs, or some other animal bodily function?

Wow, people have an issue if someone says "no thank you"? Why not say "bless you" every time someone farts, or coughs, or some other animal bodily function?
Coughs is Robitussin, farts is usually eww or "oh my god what did you eat"

Back
Top Bottom