Sihks must wear helmets in Ontario | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sihks must wear helmets in Ontario

+1 on this.
I do not consider it a privilege to use a vehicle of my choice.I believe that I do have a right to ride a motorcycle.

you do have that right to ride a motorcycle... on your own property.

if you want to use public roads, you abide by the rules that have been set out by the trustees of those roads.

as for the other guys 'mich ins. is cheaper' comment, that may be true, but you have a fraction of the coverage you would up here.

you do have that right to ride a motorcycle... on your own property.

if you want to use public roads, you abide by the rules that have been set out by the trustees of those roads.

as for the other guys 'mich ins. is cheaper' comment, that may be true, but you have a fraction of the coverage you would up here.
I don't recall stating that I break the rules of the road! I stated that I have the right to ride a motorcycle if I so choose. I don't believe any government has the right to dictate those choices to its citizens.

i guess the government could say that motorcycles are not safe and ban them. There goes your right to ride one on a public road, i think that was his point. Cars that aren't safe (or environmentally friendly) are not allowed on roads, they can dictate what you're allowed to drive....

I understand the point but I think there is already too much government control and people are starting to go along like sheep. My point is that government is here to serve all the people, not just the majority "for the greater good". I think I should have the right to decide if I should wear a helmet or not. I believe in having the choice. I've always chosen to wear a proper helmet and even when riding in states that have no helmet law I still wear one, usually a full face. I think that those who choose not to are crazy but should have the choice. Just my two cents worth. It doesn't enrage me if I see a squid wearing a t shirt and flip flops pulling wheelies. That is his choice and he can live with the consequences.

I don't recall stating that I break the rules of the road! I stated that I have the right to ride a motorcycle if I so choose. I don't believe any government has the right to dictate those choices to its citizens.

Anarchy is not so great either. Soon enough there will be someone who believes in his right to kick you in the face.
There's a fine line that we all live on. Pull too much to one side and you have a totalitarian state, go the other way and you have chaos.

As for special rights for certain groups - it's ********. Organized religion is the single worst concept that exists in today's society.

I've noticed with a lot of these new rules being posted and what not the general drivel people have been spouting about "we're going to do it our way and I'm continuing to do it no matter what" is incredibly juvenile. When did 13 year olds have the ability to get a license. The amount of childish comments on fb regarding the introduction on the loud pipe ban is astouding. "going to stop by her house and rev my bike" or "what a ***** she is for bringing this bill up" doesn't help any argument. It doesn't help when a bunch of tards roll up to LNL revving their bikes. We don't care if you have the ability to rev your bike since we also have that ability too..

I believe I have the right not to be subjected to religious stupidity. I have a strong agnostic stance that could be summarized as "I believe in God, just not any of yours" and believe the whole world should operate on this because you cannot prove or disprove religion. However, having laws or schools specifically catering to one religion is some pretty prejudice **** (I'm calling Catholics out, ironically, I'm Catholic).

If you don't want to wear a helmet, go back to your ****ing country and do it there. I don't want my tax dollars to pay for your health coverage anymore than I want it paying for corrupt cops. The principle behind this isn't "freedom", it's religion. I'm also not cool with people carrying weapons around because their religion state it's ceremonial. Laws should be universal so we should all be allowed to carry "ceremonial" objects (I'd like a 10 foot katana please).

油井緋色;2218288 said:
I believe I have the right not to be subjected to religious stupidity. I have a strong agnostic stance that could be summarized as "I believe in God, just not any of yours" and believe the whole world should operate on this because you cannot prove or disprove religion. However, having laws or schools specifically catering to one religion is some pretty prejudice **** (I'm calling Catholics out, ironically, I'm Catholic).

If you don't want to wear a helmet, go back to your ****ing country and do it there. I don't want my tax dollars to pay for your health coverage anymore than I want it paying for corrupt cops. The principle behind this isn't "freedom", it's religion. I'm also not cool with people carrying weapons around because their religion state it's ceremonial. Laws should be universal so we should all be allowed to carry "ceremonial" objects (I'd like a 10 foot katana please).
I agree with Pinecone guy.

油井緋色;2218288 said:

That is just ridiculous.

A 10 foot Katana would be too long to be of any use.

Or do you mean an extended swingarm Suzuki Katana?

i don't think you understood what i wrote. you HAVE the right to ride a motorcycle in whatever way you want to ride it. However, riding on public roads is a privilege, not a right.

in the USA, they have the right to free speech. One can say whatever they want. However, the first amendment doesn't necessarily protect that persons job, living arrangements, and so on. You have the right to say something, others are not obligated to keep you around.

My point is that government is here to serve all the people, not just the majority "for the greater good"

sometimes one person "good", may interfere on another persons "good". its my right to play my music as loud as i want, its also my neighbors right to have a peaceful living experience. thus compromise is necessary

Now I need lessons in common sense and common decency? And why are you quoting the American constitution as it has no application in this country. We as Canadians are guaranteed the freedom of Expression under section two of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. I've had my say and have nothing further to add to this thread.

Now I need lessons in common sense and common decency? And why are you quoting the American constitution as it has no application in this country. We as Canadians are guaranteed the freedom of Expression under section two of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. I've had my say and have nothing further to add to this thread.

i'm trying to explain that your rights & freedoms are not being infringed upon by being required to wear a helmet. you have the right to not wear a helmet. i fully support that right. however, you do not have the right to choose to do so using public roads.

you are free to walk around naked in your own home, you are not free to walk around naked on the sidewalk

i was using the US system as a parallel. theres no reason to be so obtuse, unless of course, you're just a moron trying to stir up s#$^

i'm trying to explain that your rights & freedoms are not being infringed upon by being required to wear a helmet. you have the right to not wear a helmet. i fully support that right. however, you do not have the right to choose to do so using public roads.

you are free to walk around naked in your own home, you are not free to walk around naked on the sidewalk

i was using the US system as a parallel. theres no reason to be so obtuse, unless of course, you're just a moron trying to stir up s#$^

You have the nerve to call me a moron and yet you are using simplistic, almost childlike analogies to explain my rights and the laws of the road. I understand my rights and obligations and have an excellent driving record to prove it. I have been riding and surviving on motorcycles for over 50 years so I do not appreciate your attempts at my education. Thank you for the information on walking around naked on the street. What if I just wash my bike naked in my front yard, on my property?

Back
Top Bottom