Time to end alcohol retail monopolies in Ontario! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Time to end alcohol retail monopolies in Ontario!

Save the Children!

It's a bit like motorcycling. A small percentage of the group abuses the rules. The general population goes along with the Fantinoists that say we need more protection. If you want to fix the problem you first have to fix the jerks.

My 2 cents,

coming from Eastern Europe, where spirits and beers are readily available in all gas stations, corner stores, and larger markets I feel like our system is over bearing. At any given time I can walk into a gas station and buy a 26 of vodka and go about my business, why is that not allowed here? Would the province fall apart? I don't think so, after all the majority of world seems to function just fine.

They treat alcohol like nudity in Canada, forever forbidden unless purchased from the correct channel...

Balls.

My 2 cents,

coming from Eastern Europe, where spirits and beers are readily available in all gas stations, corner stores, and larger markets I feel like our system is over bearing. At any given time I can walk into a gas station and buy a 26 of vodka and go about my business, why is that not allowed here? Would the province fall apart? I don't think so, after all the majority of world seems to function just fine.

They treat alcohol like nudity in Canada, forever forbidden unless purchased from the correct channel...

Balls.

This post has a certain ring to it. Like when cop asks pie eyed motorist "how many beers you had?": 2 beer, that kind of ring.

Lol, last time I wished I could buy a 26er of vodka from the corner store at 2AM I was about 16.

Seriously monopolies are historically how Canadian business gets ahead

As far as the dirty part the wife says that she wouldn't have me any other way:cool:

Oh, you were serious. I suppose every business would like to have no competition, and why not? If they can achieve that, that's good capitalism per Kevin O'Leary but not good for capitalism imho.

We even have a drive through beer store down the street here, in Kitchener, lol.

They put a drive through in the new(ish) Beer Store on Barton St. in Hamilton. I'm guessing it's a line up of mobility scooters at the window. I'm guessing, as I try to avoid Barton Village like the plague (don't like toothless meth hookers touching my car at lights/stop signs). Maybe inreb can weigh in and give his perspective.

Drive through beer store opening soon i n Woodstock. Pop 38,000. Three beer stores. We're #1! Or #24 maybe

They put a drive through in the new(ish) Beer Store on Barton St. in Hamilton. I'm guessing it's a line up of mobility scooters at the window. I'm guessing, as I try to avoid Barton Village like the plague (don't like toothless meth hookers touching my car at lights/stop signs). Maybe inreb can weigh in and give his perspective.

That's right, pencil me in for maybe. I can maybe give perspective on Murray St. Bonanza Bakery $3 subs, Food Basics and hookers. Beer hasn't touched my lips in a long time so dearth of perspective vis-a-vis new(ish) dispensing methods is the present reality.

That's right, pencil me in for maybe. I can maybe give perspective on Murray St. Bonanza Bakery $3 subs, Food Basics and hookers. Beer hasn't touched my lips in a long time so dearth of perspective vis-a-vis new(ish) dispensing methods is the present reality.

Had many a sub at Bonanza (prefer the sammiches, though). Some **** prison guard backed into my car with her Blazer and tried to drive off one time I was there. So much for being "friends of the court" along with cops.

Had many a sub at Bonanza (prefer the sammiches, though). Some **** prison guard backed into my car with her Blazer and tried to drive off one time I was there. So much for being "friends of the court" along with cops.

There's a distinction? I called them a sub because I thought that was de rigueur but, granted, the "subs" I get resemble sandwiches a lot. Like A LOT.

Back
Top Bottom