Sikhs must wear helmets | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sikhs must wear helmets

only a fraction of Sikhs have turbans or are strict followers...

I guess they shouldn't have the right to call themselves Sikhs then...because many heads got lopped off (by guess who) early in their history due to non conformation and not wanting to give up their beliefs. They should know what their ancestors died for.

Now most of these clowns can be seen driving around Brampton with bigass chains hanging from their rearview mirrors, music blaring...they come in 3 primary varieties

1) Refs, Fobs, whatever the **** else you want to call them
2) The ones that grew up on hip-hop and think they're the next gangsta thug niggaz
3) The ones that have these little *** turbans and beards all trimmed and styled...wtf?? Pick one or the other ya ****ing schmuck.

Again, highest concentrations of all varieties in Brampton.

These mother****ers are what gives Sikhs a bad rep. Don't forget those dumbass drunk, drug toting, truck driving sons a ******* either...

I think they should have allowed the law, so we can at least build statistics to how many sikhs actually die and how many survive and have their *** skin graphed to their faces.

If they don't want to wear helmets let them, I'm sure once one of them crashes and they end up like humpty dumpty the others will learn how stupid it is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

alls im gonna say is this,

if there turbins have a "dot" on them, i got no probs with that! until then, if its good enough for everyone else in this province/country, it then should not be an issue for a sikh or anyone else. period!!

If they don't want to wear helmets let them, I'm sure once one of them crashes and they end up like humpty dumpty the others will learn how stupid it is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
As much as I'd love the natural selection route, I think of multicehicle crashes. Whereby in the event of an accident, the death-prone helmet less Sikh is going to potentially ruin someone else's life because they are going to have to live with the fact that they just killed another human being who would have otherwise potentially survived the crash had they wore a helmet.

As much as I'd love to see natural selection take its course, I can't help but feel for the innocent people who have to live with a somewhat **** conscience knowing that they were involved in cutting short someone else's life because they were too selfish to think about the effect not wearing a helmet would have on others.

I wonder how this relates to the "Jim Crow" laws the USA had until not all that long ago. Under the Jim Crow laws equality meant you had the right to the same services if you were black or white but not necessarily in the same venue. If there was a restaurant on the north side of the street that would serve blacks a restaurant on the south side could deny blacks service because they could get food elsewhere.

A beach could be "Whites Only" if there was another beach nearby that blacks could use. Of course the "White" beach was sand and the "Black" beach was rubble next to a sewage discharge pipe.

Are recreational activities like motorcycling even governed by constitutional rights?

All religions have banned substance or taboos.

A "No Pork" religious group in Quebec wanted to experience a traditional Quebec maple syrup outing that included pork and beans. If they changed the recipe it wouldn't be traditional.

Maybe a fundamental Christian group wants to experience a strip joint but without the beer and naked women. Do you think they would leave confused as to why so many guys like strip joints?

There are industrial safety rules that involve hard hats and respirators. Big hair or beards means you can't work there. Motorcycling is far down the list of priorities.

if you are serious about your religion go where you can practice it freely without infringing on the rights of others.

There are industrial safety rules that involve hard hats and respirators. Big hair or beards means you can't work there. Motorcycling is far down the list of priorities.

+1 how is this dealt with in the workplace? If a bearded person (by religion) wants to work in an environment that dictates clean shaven due to a safety concern, how is this dealt with?
With turbans, as I understand the issue is by religious belief they are not to be covered, thus the helmet issue, how does a sikh worker deal with a construction site that requires the wearing of a hard hat or bump cap?

Along the lines of your other comments noting religious challenges, there are a number of workplace challenges that have occurred in the US where Somalian refugees received employment in Pork processing facilities (Tyson Foods). After accepting the work, they refused to participate in work activities based on religious beliefs as they were Muslim. Unfiortnautely a pork plant processes pork, you can not just do other work there :rolleyes:

The challenge was that the employer could not fire them due to religious discrimination issues...

I am not able to find any links to stories that ran a few years ago. If I can locate I will attach.

I wonder how this relates to the "Jim Crow" laws the USA had until not all that long ago....

if you are serious about your religion go where you can practice it freely without infringing on the rights of others.

I agree, why come to Canada and impose your whatever beliefs are and modify laws that were meant to keep your brain inside your skull.

What's next? Mexicans protesting for their right to have 24/7 taco stands because it's part of the culture?

Adapt to the country that allowed you to migrate into or F*ck off and go back to your country where you can practice whatever you want to without pissing on other's rights.

Last edited:
+1 how is this dealt with in the workplace? If a bearded person (by religion) wants to work in an environment that dictates clean shaven due to a safety concern, how is this dealt with?
With turbans, as I understand the issue is by religious belief they are not to be covered, thus the helmet issue, how does a sikh worker deal with a construction site that requires the wearing of a hard hat or bump cap?

Along the lines of your other comments noting religious challenges, there are a number of workplace challenges that have occurred in the US where Somalian refugees received employment in Pork processing facilities (Tyson Foods). After accepting the work, they refused to participate in work activities based on religious beliefs as they were Muslim. Unfiortnautely a pork plant processes pork, you can not just do other work there :rolleyes:

The challenge was that the employer could not fire them due to religious discrimination issues...

I am not able to find any links to stories that ran a few years ago. If I can locate I will attach.

At my work it's a hard hat or out. You can wear a beanie or such, but you must be in a bucket. As for respiratory - you are clean shaven and use a respirator or you are not and then you have to use an air supplied suit, which is a big pita.

There's a sikh that works at my Co & wears a hard hat over his turbin

I agree, why come to Canada and impose your whatever beliefs are and modify laws that were meant to keep your brain inside your skull.

Agreed. Many people come from other countries which they didn't like obviously, then try to turn Canada into an image of the country they came from!!! If it was so good, then why come here? And if it sucked, then why try to make a beautiful country to what you are running away from?

As an example, Many Iranians come here to escape the religious government of Iran and when they get here, they stay away from religion and everything that comes with it(not all but mostly all).

On the other hand, you have people coming from (im just naming a few countries and obviously not everyone who comes from these countries fits this bill) Pakistan, Sri lanka, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Syria, Algeria, Egypt and ... and try to bring Sharia laws to Canada!

Again, this doent mean anyone coming from these countries are here to bring Sharia laws but generally speaking, people come from certain countries with very strong religious beliefs. If you want to live under certain religious laws, then isnt it better to live in a country where the government imposes those very laws anyway?

Canada for the most part is a secular country with laws that are meant to be based on common sense not this religion or that.

Interesting debate going on.

I wear one of those Shorty Helmets that were talked about.
Bugs, dirt,rocks, etc... doesnt happen near as much as you think it might.
also, people that wear shorty's dont
ride the way people with full-face do.

Helmets arekinda like wearing a seat-belt in a plane. they both dont help much in a high speed collision.

but thats just my views..

I think the remove the helmet laws, and your insurance/ohip is void if not wearing a helmet.

as far as turbans go... I dont care... wear what you want. but no coverage for you !:p

This is Canada...we have Canadian laws for everyone in this country...if you don't like it then there is only one solution...get the **** out!

Adapt to the country that allowed you to migrate into or F*ck off and go back to your country where you can practice whatever you want to without pissing on other's rights.

This is Canada...we have Canadian laws for everyone in this country...if you don't like it then there is only one solution...get the **** out!

Where do you draw your line? Your extreme stance should mean we all should have adapted to First Nations culture a long time ago. People lobby to support any idea they believe in, wherever they choose to be. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, doesn't mean it won't.

Your simplistic outlook is fortunately not the way things work in Canada. This is a fairly laughable and thinly veiled case of xenophobia I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom